19. The Starlight Butterfly

"Bree, please. We have truly little time left. I know you love him, but you need to keep going before there is no more time."

My tears are still falling, and I feel like every word she says is white noise.

"I am so sick of crying and I am so sick of losing the ones I love. I am so sick of all of it!" I yell jumping to my feet. "Maiden your desire for me to know all this is doing more damage than good and I am running out of loved ones to be lost to your cause!" I scream every word dripping with disdain.

"I know you are losing faith and I know you feel like this is all for nothing but I swear to you it is all for a very good reason and you will soon know why, please push through just a little further." her words are soft and pleading, I wipe my face, I have come this far and given up so much, if I back out now it will all be for nothing, making my decision. I push through the flames to look on as I see Mitace and Leandra at a festival with their 5-month-old baby.

They both look so carefree and happy as they walk through the throng of people, stalls line the path filled with an assortment of foods, games, and gifts to buy.

Leandra stops when she sees a stall with beautiful hair accessories. "Oh, they are so beautiful!" she squeals excitedly.

Mitace's eyes run over the exotic hair pins with beautiful jewels, combs with exquisite designs and hair ties and bows, until his eyes stop on a lovely hair scarf of soft sheer material, the design is apricot with soft blue at the ends, beautiful white blossoms, and butterflies with wings of stardust. Without a second thought he is handing it to the lady behind the stall table buying it.

Without a word he moves behind Leandra and ties it in a big, beautiful bow in her hair. He turns her to face him his eyes sparkle adoringly at his wife as he runs his fingers down her face.

"You are so beautiful." he hums leaning into Leandra pressing a soft sweet kiss to her lips, when he pulls away Leandra is blushing violently from his loving gesture, the little baby swaddled in Leandra's arm sneezes waking her up, her eyes flutter open. And the two of them look down at her adoringly.

"Bless you my little petal." Mitace says running his finger across her cheek just as he did Leandra's but far softer.

"How did we get such a quiet perfect child?" Leandra asks not looking away from her baby.

"Honestly, I ask myself that every day, she is nothing like I was expecting." he laughs.

They smile and laugh so happy, a large bang sounds overhead as the sky lights up, oo's and ahhh's can be heard all around, as they all enjoy the spectacular light displays lighting up the night sky.

A sparkling light shoots into the sky but does not explode like the others it hits the ground, turning into a group of mini chittle running through the crowd of people then disappearing.

Another bang and again the light hits the ground bursting into a mass of jubes that rise and disappear, this time bangs sound off above and below as the sky is filled with sky dancers and below animals great and small roam amongst the crowd in the most spectacular display that leaves you staring in awe.

People cheer and laugh, each burst greater than the last, Boom! A sound unlike the others echoes around the space stopping the cheers, another Boom sounds a fireball shoots across the sky and rains down on the festival landing on a nearby stall of dolls and stuffed animals instantly bursting to flames. Screams sound all around as people run for their lives as more fireballs rain down.

Mitace puts his hand at Leandra's back ushering her through the panicked mass of people. Two men fighting knock into Mitace, pushing him from Leandra, the crowd push Leandra along as she calls out for Mitace.