chapter 29

"How much longer?" I ask.

"About three minuets and forty-seven seconds. That's not enough time." James says.

"Then we should go." I mutter.

We were lucky we actually got here early so we could just be with each other, even if it was just a few minutes.

He takes my hand and we start to walk out the door. Everyone seems to be in a good mood. People are laughing and running around, and then there is James and me. We definitely stood out. Neither one of us said a word, we just kept walking forward.

I could see people getting on the ship. Everyone below was  clapping and whistling. I look down at my shoes.I keep giving myself the same pep talk over and over again, It's only a month Alice. You can get through it.

Once we finally get in front of the boat I spot Courtney and Erick. I walk over to them. Courtney runs and jumps on me.

"I've changed my mind about leaving. I'd rather stay here."  She looks up at James,"if that's okay with you."

"That's fine. I was having doubts about you coming anyways. No offense." Jame's says

"None taken, besides I need to keep an eye on my sister." She points to me. I give a weak smile.

I give Erick a hug. "You do realize that we will be back in a couple weeks right?" He asks

"But what if something happens?" I ask.

He looks me straight in the eyes,"there is like a 1% chance of us not coming back."

"Your right. I guess I'm overreacting a little."

"It's fine. Just remember to keep Courtney out if trouble okay?"

"Okay." I say.

I wave bye to Megan who is on the ship before I walk over to James. " you better still be living in that house when I get back." He says

I laugh. Really, that's the best goodbye he could think of?

"I know. I have never been good with goodbyes." He says.

"I'll still be living there when you get back if you promise you will come back."

"Deal." He says."

He kisses me. I can feel tears slide down my face."it's only a month." He says while wiping them away.

"Yeah, that's like 732 hours." I say.

"You actually did the math. I really am not surprised." He says.

"I'm estimating. You get my point though."

Somebody calls for him on the ship. I close my eyes trying to block out the world.

"Bye." He says.

"Bye." I Whispers.

I start to walk away but I feel somebody grab my arm and pull me backwards. James kisses me once again, but this time catching the attention of everyone around us. "So much for being casual about this." I whisper.

"I don't give a shit about being casual any more. I want them to see how much I love you, because I really do love you Alice."

Whoa! Did he just say what I think he just said? Did he really just say I love you. Finally!

"I love you to." I whisper.

He looks at me and kisses me one more time before turning around and leaving. I stare in at him until Courtney and Jenny have to pull me away.