14

"WELL SINCE D/N and i traveled a lot during his last job y/n ended up being born in new york. of course, we moved to japan when she was five just in time for her to start school." your mother explained as everyone ate. you just listened to the conversation, taking small glances at bakugou who sat across the table diagonal of you.

"y/n that is a beautiful necklace," mitsuki complemented the jewelry in awe. you looked up and smiled with a nod, "yep, her sister gave her that." your dad answered, smiling while he looked down at the necklace. mitsuki raised her eyebrows, "sister?" she asked.

you looked at both of your parents who were thinking about what to say, "well-" "she moved to illinois a couple of weeks ago for a job, since that's where she was born." you quickly jumped in with a smile. bakugou stared at you, his expression softening at your answer. the smile you wore was clearly fake.

"she's currently studying in the medical field in illinois."

lie.

"she might come out to visit when she's finished."

another lie.

after more converse your mother sighed, "y/n can you get the ice?" she asked. you nodded, using your quirk to bring over the metal that carried the ice. your father chuckled, "using your quirk to your advantage i see," he gave you a high five.

your mother smiled, "yes but she has legs for a reason," she commented. you looked up at bakugou, giving him the 'are you okay?' look, because he hasn't really been his aggressive self the past hour. bakugou glared at you, continuing to eat. 'mind your own business,'  was the expression bakugou sent.

everyone finished eating so you decided to help your mom with the dishes, "honey you can do that later," your mom interrupted. nodding you wiped down your hands and neared bakugou, "c'mon," you said, gesturing him to follow you with your hand wave.

opening the door to the room you and bakugou both plopped yourselves down, "you can sit on the bed you know," you told bakugou. he made an aggravated noise, "just seeing your face annoys the hell out of me," bakugou snapped.

ah, there is he.

you rolled from your back onto your stomach, playing with one of your pillows. "bakugou have you-" you cut yourself off. bakugou looked at you to continue, "say it," bakugou told you. you huffed, "don't gotta be so bossy," you muttered, but the hot head clearly heard you. you watched him tense up his hands, "please don't explode this house up," you sighed.

"have you ever doubted yourself?" you finally asked your question. the ash blonde stared at you, "of course not? why would the amazing katsuki bakugou ever need to doubt himself?" bakugou answered. you laughed at what he called himself, "the amazing katsuki bakugou, hm. i think you need to rethink that."

"SAYS YOU?!" bakugou stood up. you quickly got up, laughing. you held bakugou's wrists as they were making tiny explosions, "you're going to blow the house up," you whined as you leaned slightly closer to him, laughs still coming from you.

bakugou watched as you smiled and laughed— did he just make you laugh?

after calming down you fell back onto your bed. the ash blonde decided to sit on the bed as it looked more comfortable. "have you ever doubted yourself, telephone?" bakugou asked. you shrugged, staring at the ceiling. "a little bit, this sports festival won't be easy that's for sure. i mean look at todoroki," you explained.

bakugou gave you a look, "you're really comparing yourself to half and half?" he snarled. you turned to him, "a little bit," you began to play with the silver necklace that hung around your neck.

he stared at you, "did your sister actually give you that?..." bakugou looked at the piece of jewelry. you nodded, "about a week before she unexpectedly passed away," you sprawled your arms out on your bed. you looked at bakugou up and down, "where do you shop?" you asked.

"what the hell? the mall?" the ash blonde answered. you nodded, "i like your fashion sense," you complimented him. "well of course you do, i'm the amazing katsuki bakugou for god's sake." he said proudly.

"whatever, i'm surprised you have good fashion sense." you responded, making the red eyed boy's breath hitch in anger. bakugou bit the inside of his cheek, "why did you just lie like that?" bakugou asked you, making your body relax. bakugou was the only person who knew about your sister being raki. you let out a breath, "well you don't really go around telling the whole world that your sister was the pro hero raki who was killed by a man child named tomura shigaraki now do you?"

"dumb ass. the whole world is going to know you're her sister by the time the sports festival comes," bakugou pointed out. you sighed, "i know." you sat up, stretching your back a bit. but a book caught the hot head's eye.

the teenager walked over to the object on your shelf as you sat back down, "what are you, WAIT NO." you yelled when you noticed he was carrying a book filled with your...

...baby pictures.

the ash blonde stood on your black piano stool with a smirk and held his arm in the air as you jumped to try to reach him. you tried using your quirk to grab the book from him but it was no use, bakugou's grip was too strong. giving up you groaned and plopped onto the bed, "come here katsuki." you breathed out.

the ash blonde proudly jumped down onto the floor and sat next to you on your bed. you slowly opened the book in defeat, "you look like an alien." bakugou observed the picture. you hardly smacked the back of his head, "DO YOU WANT TO DIE TELEPHONE?" bakugou yelled at you. "dO yoU wAnT tO diE tELePhoNe?" you mocked him.

after a few more seconds of bickering you both went back to the book, bakugou harshly judging every single one of your pictures. you flipped to a page with you dressed as a white bunny, groaning. "i will forever be mad at myself because of this halloween." you observed the picture that was taken about nine years ago.

bakugou looked at it too, "you're right, you look really dumb." he agreed. you glared at him, but to be honest a part of bakugou thought you looked kind of cute in that picture. you turned to a picture with your whole family: you, hana, your mother and your father.

bakugou pointed to hana, "is that your sister?" he asked. you nodded, "her actual name is hana, so you can just call her that." you said. you then gave bakugou a look, "i'm kind of mad because your DNA is now on this book," you mumbled.

"WANNA SAY THAT AGAIN NERD?!"

"gladly."