21

"BUT, WELL, I don't think even bakugou would use a full strength explosion on a girl..."

"he would." you and midoriya answered iida in sync. the blue haired boy shrieked, "even if it's not kacchan, no one would even think about holding back." midoriya added as you leaned against the wall with your arms crossed.

"all you really have to do is find a way to make physical contact with him. bakugou always starts with a right swing, just to let you know." you said. midoriya nodded at your advice. he held out his book, about to explain what he planned out in order for uraraka to win. but she cut the green haired boy off, making iida and midoriya look at uraraka in surprise. you smiled, happy that she was planning to put her full effort into this battle.

the brown haired girl stood up, about to walk out of the room. "everyone's facing the future and trying their hardest," uraraka started. she turned around, sending a thumbs up your way. "let's meet in the finals!" she furrowed her brows with a smile.

"the eighth and last match of the first round!" present mic exclaimed into the speakers. you looked up at the screen that had bakugou and uraraka on it, then looked down at the two students who were facing each other. "from the hero course, it's katsuki bakugou!" the pro hero introduced the ash blonde.

"also from the hero course, who i'm personally rooting for, it's ochako uraraka!" he then introduced the gravity quirked girl. you chuckled a little when he mumbled that he was rooting for her, "eighth match, start!" present mic yelled. you bit the inside of your cheek, anxious to see how this was going to play out.

your eyes were on uraraka who ran at bakugou, however the explosion boy used his quirk on her. you placed your hands on the railing, "URARAKA!" iida, you and midoriya all exclaimed. "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME!" bakugou exclaimed, sending another explosion her way. you bit your bottom lip nervously as she came from behind him, but another explosion was sent her way.

then you asked yourself, 'who am i rooting for?' you found yourself talking to bakugou quite a lot over the past days, were you two considered friends? acquaintances? who knows, you were probably still rivals. but you have also known him since, well, forever basically.

however your attention went back to the topic at hand, bakugou and uraraka that is. you rubbed your forehead, anxious looks on you and your friends' faces. attack after attack you watched as the smoke cleared, uraraka just stood there. but knowing her quirk you were smart enough to look up.

your eyes widened, "uraraka..." you mumbled your friend's name. iida and midoriya turned to you, then looked at what you were staring at. there was a hint of determination in uraraka's expression. you watched the rocks begin to fall, however bakugou sent an explosion into the air. the solids were turned to pieces, falling to the ground one by one.

the brown haired girl tried to walk but fell onto the ground, making your shoulders fall. you frowned, bakugou had won.

you played with your fingers in the waiting room, you were against bakugou. you weren't nervous however, you just wondered how you could win. you didn't care if you made it to the third round or the final round, you at least wanted to get to this round. but why, out of everyone you could have been sorted with, you were sorted with the hot head.

izuku had lost his fight against todoroki the second round, uraraka lost to bakugou the first round. iida lost to you, so you made it to the third round. you played with your hands a little, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" the hot head exclaimed. you looked to the doorway and saw him standing there.

you didn't answer, "this is waiting room..." bakugou started, yep. he was in the right waiting room and so were you. "you ready to get your ass beat?" he grinned mischievously. you just stared at him, then back at your hands. "oi oi oi, ignoring me now are you?" he banged his hands on the table.

you looked up at the ash blonde, "i wish you luck bakugou," you stood, walking out the door. but katsuki furrowed his eyebrows at you, his mouth opened a little. he grabbed your wrist, "what's up with you?" he asked. you turned around, "nothing," you grabbed his hand and pulled it away from you.

the angry pomeranian watched as you walked out the door, the vibe that radiated from you was different.

when it was finally time for the round to start you carefully watched all of bakugou's movements when you were standing in front of each other. you weren't going to throw the first hit, which was expected of you as you never really did unless it was necessary. for most of your life you had been a really good observer, whether it came to someone's fighting style or their emotions. that might hav also been a reason why you could actually put up with katsuki.

both of you getting quite impatient, you stared at your parents then your class. you glanced at bakugou and both of you began running at each other as present mic's voice boomed through the speakers. you made yourself jump higher above bakugou's explosion and then dropped yourself to the ground, "gonna use your quirk telephone?!" bakugou yelled at you.

you moved away from bakugou and stood apart from him at a good distance. you could have just pushed all of your opponents out of bounds, but you actually wanted to fight. if this was a chance to get into hero agencies you were definitely going to take it.

a couple times you were able to get a hold of bakugou however your focus was lost due to his explosions, making your grip around him loosen. at this point the ground was crumbled, you threw rocks at bakugou. some times the crowd was in shock at how much damage you were taking and how much you could hold with your quirk, pro heroes and those who worked with your sister were actually worried about you.

so were your parents. your mother held your father's hand and he used his other hand to rub his chin, "c'mon n/n don't do this for us do this for yourself," he mumbled as he watched you closely. it was noticeable to them and to bakugou that you weren't using your quirk to the fullest.

it annoyed katsuki.

and after many insults and hits you were exhausted.

"i can't see anything!" some people in the crowd said, the huge amount of smoke clearing up. you were on the ground, your PE uniform ripped up. you  had blood on your body and when you slowly raised your head from the ground your lip was bleeding and there was blood on your forehead as well. your eyes were tired, you classmates stared at you worryingly.

bakugou's breath hitched, the crowd stared at you in shock. the girl who had been cold yet had sportsmanship throughout the whole festival was on the verge of tears, beaten up.

you moved your hand out, that was beaten up too. you felt as if your arms were broken, and you wanted to speak however you knew if you did it would only result in you crying. but at this point you didn't care, "is this what you wanted bakugou?" hot tears trickled down your face as your voice sounded tired and raspy.

the crowd was about to start booing at the explosion quirked boy, however you stopped them when you held your hurting hand up high. your ears began to ring, your body was aching.

i really am weak aren't i bakugou.

you rolled onto your back and as if bakugou read your mind he ran at you, "GET UP! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO END IT LIKE THIS? YOU DIDN'T FIGHT ME TO THE FULLEST! DO YOU THINK I'M WEAK?" the ash blonde grabbed your collar and yelled at you. tears trickled down your face as your eyes were closed, you were defeated.

"Y/N! y/n..." bakugou held his head down, crying. his forehead rested on your shoulder, what did he do to you? why did he care? his grip on you loosed and he rested his body next to your's on the rocks your body laid on, then you officially lost consciousness. bakugou lightly banged his forehead on the solids.

"y/n l/n lost consciousness, katsuki bakugou wins and goes up to the final round!"