Chapter 25

When they reach the marriage registrar's, they are greeted by two men.

Sid: Hell-O Vikas! How are you bro? When did you come from Australia?

Vikas: Hey Bro! I am doing great. Just came 2 days back. By the way, congratulations! Someone seems to have got lucky to have hit the jackpot of beauty in his life! (Looking at Shehnaaz)

Sid: Thanks bro! Meet Ms. Shehnaaz Thakur, soon going to be Mrs. Shehnaaz Singhania. Shehnaaz, he is Vikas Singhania, my cousin and that's my step uncle Mr. Rohit Singhania.

Shehnaaz: (smiles) Hello Uncle and Hello Mr. Vikas Singhania.

VS: Hey Shehnaaz, you can call me Vikas (shakes hand)

Sid: I didn't expect you here!

VS: We were invited by Rina Aunty. You need witness bro! By the way, why court marriage? I remembered Radha Aunty was always a bit apprehensive of court marriages and I never thought you would go against her ideology.

Sid: (looks at Shehnaaz helplessly) Aaa.. we didn't find enough time, everything just happened so quickly.

VS: Chill bro!!

Lyla comes to RS, who was speaking to Rohit Singhania and informs that they are ready to go in.

They all go in while VS asks for 2 minutes as he had to do an urget call.

The registrar asks Sidharth to Sign the document, he signs it. He than passes the pen to Shehnaaz. Her hands touches his while passing the pen. It was cold and shivering. She bends to sign them with a lot of nervousness. Sid holds her other hand firmly, she looks into his eyes. He passes a smile and next moment Shehnaaz signs the document.

The registrar then asks the witnesses to sign the document and they oblige. He then declares them legally married. The presentees clap while Sid hugs Shehnaaz smilingly.

She wasn't expecting that from him, her hand took some time to reciprocate the hug as she thinks that he is pretending to play happy couple infront of people present there.

Her heart thuds loudly at his touch which even Sid could feel and hear it. Lyla passes the garlands and before they put garland, VS stops them.

Sid: What's the matter?

VS: Don't be in a hurry bro! Wait for sometime. Come with me.

Everone is puzzled as to where they were going. They start in a car and when the car stops they find it's a temple.

Sid: So you wanted us to take blessings of God!

VS: Yes, come!

When they go inside they find a set-up for a marriage. The pandit welcomes them and asks the bride and the groom to take their seat infront of the holy fire.

Sid and Shehnaaz are shocked.

VS: Both of you, Sit!!

Sid: What's this bro?

VS: I didn't wanted you to go against Radha Aunty's wish, I know how important she is to you. I liked her too when I came to your house during my childhood. If you don't have time to arrange and invite lots of people for a big fat wedding then let's keep it simple and small.

Sid hugs VS. Shehnaaz turns more nervous as she didn't wanted a contract marriage to be done infront of sacred fire. RS rolls eyes and looks at Rohit who has an absolute poker face.

Hesitatingly Shehnaaz sits with Sid looking at him and he shrugs showing that he is helpless. The priest starts reciting the mantras.

Sid's thought - Looks like maa wanted me to get married this way and destiny played it's role. I was so skeptical about court marriage and wanted to have a spiritual one. Here I am sitting infront of the sacred fire and infront of God, taking vows to stay with her for life. I can break contract made infront of law or the registrar but not the vows taken infront of this sacred fire and God on whom Maa had immense belief. Chashmish, you are forever mine.