Chapter 26

Shehnaaz had a smile on her face because her father's operation was successful. Somewhere she felt that it was connected to the marriage. She was not superstitious but she had faith in God.

She couldn't imagine how events would have turned if Sidharth wasn't there in her life. She broke the hug.

Shehnaaz: (Smilingly) Thank You!!

Sid: (confused) For what Chashmish?

Shehnaaz: For everything you did for me knowingly and unknowingly.

Sid: Shouldn't I be the one who should be thanking you? If it was not for you then I would have been broke by now both financially and emotionally.

Shehnaaz: For now, just accept my thanks since I can't tell you anything more than that but you've done a very big favour to me which I can never return. Thank you Sidharth.

Sid: Okay, accepted! Shall we go Chashmish?

They all go to the Palace, Shehnaaz finds RS to be talking to Vikas very fondly. She smirks thinking - if she had given this much attention to Sidharth, he would have given her a position of God!

When they reach the palace, Shehnaaz goes to her room only to find her belongings missing. She checks her wardrobe and the sanitary napkin box was also missing in which she hid her secret spying gadgets. She fears that her secret assignment has been compromised.

She asks Mahesh about her belongings, to which he answers that it has been shifted to Sidharth's room on Sidharth's instruction. Shehnaaz runs to his room before he finds out anything suspicious.

She barges inside unannounced and she is surprised to see the entire room decorated with flowers and candles. Sidharth is not in his room. She pushes back the visuals to concentrate on the most important task in hand at that moment. Finding her belongings more importantly the sanitary napkin box.

She hurridly opens the wardrobe, but she doesn't find it there. The bathroom door fling opens and Sidharth steps out. She becomes nervous looking at him.

Shehnaaz: I.. I am So.. Sorry (she stammers out of nervousness)

Sidharth: (chuckles) For what Chashmish? What's wrong with you, you've been saying thanks and sorry with no reasons today?

Shehnaaz: (Thinks - looks like he didn't see anything) Aaa.. because I barged in without knocking. I was told that my belongings were shifted to your room.

Sidharth: No need to knock from now on since it's our room now and yes, I asked Mahesh to move them.

Shehnaaz: I didn't understand, why would I move here?

Sidharth: Because you are my wife now.

Shehnaaz: (her breath hitches at that statement) Huhh..??

Sidharth: (What did I say, I must have scared her) I mean wife on contract but others will suspect that why would a husband and wife stay in seperate rooms since they don't know anything about contract.

Shehnaaz: (That's the reality, but why does my heart ache listening to the word contact everytime) Okay but why so much decoration?

Sidharth: That's not my instruction. Could be Mrs. Singhania.

Shehnaaz: Hmm..

Sidharth: What a wonderful decoration though. Sad that it is all going to be useless!!

Shehnaaz: What? (Shocked)

Sidharth: What? I was just reminding your clause 2 in the contract. Remember - no physical relationship.