Chapter 24: Abrupt Changes

Unknown POV…

For the few weeks, Emily has been making up some lame-ass, lying excuse for the reason why she couldn't meet up with me for a play date with Parker and the twins. The first lie that she came up with was that she had a family emergency she had to attend to but ended up spending all day and night with this jackass Brendan Saturday. I excuse this lie because I understand that she wanted to get her freak on instead of dealing with some bratty kids all day long.

The following Friday I began to feel like she was avoiding me after my annoying little brother Chase informed me that he saw Emily at Raja's Seafood Café hanging with a few females when she was supposed to be at work.

This Friday night when she called me and said couldn't make it because she has to go out of town early Saturday morning I was ready to catch her in another lie.

I drove to her house at 4:30 in the morning and parked a few houses down from hers. I looked at my watch to see what time it was after sitting slumped down in my car for so damn long. It was currently noon and this lying ass bitch still hadn't left the house. She hadn't even come outside the house once.

Finally, she walked out all dressed in a pair of beige skinny leg jeans, a black halter top with beige stripes, and a sense able pair of white pumps. Her hair was pulled up in a sleek ponytail on top of her head. A pair of silver earrings dangled from her ears. For someone who was supposed to be going out of town, she sure as hell didn't look like it. The only bag that she was carrying in her hand was the same black Michael Kors purse that she totes around whenever we meet up.

I pulled out behind Emily a few seconds later and began to follow her. “Out of town my ass,” I grumbled out loud when I saw her get out of her car in Reese's driveway. From a safe distance, I watched her hop into Reese's Range Rover along with him, Avery, Brendan, and Tyler.

Fifteen minutes later they all pulled up to an upscale bar and grill place called “Eighty-Five South” with Avery's burly bodyguards in another car parked right beside them.

I sat in my car-mad ass fuck watching the five of them walk into the bar laughing and joking with each other with August strolling close behind them. “You'll pay dearly for this Emily,” I muttered as I backed out of the parking lot.

Luckily for me, I already had a backup plan in place just in case this one somehow didn't pan out the way I wanted it to.

“Journey, get the pack!” I ordered as soon as he picked up the phone. I sat in my parent's driveway waiting on Journey to call me back after doing what I asked.