Chapter 25: The Setup

Reese's POV...

“Mr. Choi, a silver Nissan Altima has followed Emily to your house. The person that was behind the wheel is currently hiding in the thick bushels of unkempt trees in the yard of the empty house across the street.” August whispered in my ear as Avery, Brendan, and Tyler walked out of the house behind me. “What do you want me to do?” He then asked.

“I want you to inform Jarred and Bryson that you will be staying at the house with the twins and my mom. Don't let my mom and the twins out of your sight for a second no matter what is going on around you.” I instructed him.

“What about the man hiding out across the street?” August questions me.

“Trust me he will follow wherever Avery goes,” I respond to his question with confidence.

Ten minutes later I pulled into a restaurant called “Eighty-Five South” with Jared and Bryson parking in the empty slot right beside me. Jonas parked his car several slots down from ours. He just sat there watching us walking into the building.

“Let me know if the silver Nissan Altima over there leaves,” I tell Bryson and Jared while discreetly nodding my head towards the only silver Nissan Altima on the lot.

“Reese, is there anything going on that I should know about?” Tyler asked as soon as Bryson and Jarred walked back out to the front of the building.

“Everything is just fine,” I responded.

“Bro, you're lying to me!” Tyler declares while glaring at me.

“I promise you bro everything is fine.” I profess with a straight face.

“I'll believe you when I see pigs fly.” He counters. “So let's try this shit again.”

“There's someone following us,” I utter.

“Why in the hell are you and I in here instead of out there opening up a can of whoop-ass on this joker?” Tyler demanded.

“Because I have other plans in store for him and I want to catch all the fuckers that are involved in harming my family,” I explained as calmly as I could.

“Okay, I gotcha bro,” Tyler replies. We sat at a table for five and began talking amongst each other after looking at our menus.

Seconds later a stout middle-aged Mexican man with a nicely trimmed mustache and goatee approached our table. He was wearing a pink shirt with the eighty-five south logo written in bold, black letters and black pants that were snugly fastened around his waist.

“Hi, my name is Alejandro and I will be your waiter for tonight.” He says with a smile. “Are you ladies and gentlemen ready to order?” Alejandro then asked while retrieving a small ordering notebook out of his back pocket.

I ordered the well done, teriyaki honey glazed steak with white rice, string beans, and a glass of iced sweet tea. “Honey what would you like to order?” I then turned to my wife and asked.

“I'll have the same thing as my husband along with a glass of red wine.” She tells the waiter.

The waiter left the table after taking everyone's order and came back carrying a tray filled with our drinks along with a few crackers for us to snack on. “Your food will be here soon.” He states before walking away again.

Halfway through our meal, I received a call from August. “Excuse me everyone but I need to take this very important phone call,” I announced to the group.

“Mr. Choi we have a young, teenage boy and a feebly, old man detained in our custody down in the basement who was attempting to break in through the twin's bedroom window.