Chapter 26: Home Alone

WARNING:
This chapter is going to frequently change between certain characters POV...

Avery's POV…

By the time I made it back home from my mom I was tired and my feet were swollen like a huge balloon. The little one in my stomach was wide awake and kicking up a storm. I walked into the living room ready to fall out onto the plush love seat and relax.

“Babe you can't relax just yet!” I heard Reese announce right when I was about to flop down on the love seat.

“I know honey,” I grumbled while turning to face him.

“Do you remember what we went over while on the way home?” Tyler asked as he checked all the windows like he normally does since finding out that there was a second culprit involved in my attack.

“That you guys are going to pretend to leave me at home alone for tonight.” I recant while looking around the room at nothing in particular.

“Mom, Rosa, and Emily I want you three to spend the night at Mr. & Mrs. Johnson's house tonight along with the twins,” Reese tells his mom as soon as she begins to walk down the stairs holding each one of my beautiful babies' hands.

“Alright!” They all responded without asking why. My mother-in-law then heads towards the twin's room while still holding onto their tiny hands.

“Do you remember where I installed all the safe to each gun?” Reese asked me as he walked over close to one of the hidden safe nestled in between the two large Japanese Katana swords that hung on the wall in the living room entrance.

“Yes, I do,” I answered, then began to call out each safe one by one. “There's one right where you are standing. Another one is placed on the island in the kitchen with a meat cleaver in the draw up above it. Next, there's one upstairs hanging on the wall again in between the two scimitar swords right beside our bedroom door. Then there's one in our bedroom by the door of the bathroom with the broadsword right next to it. Lastly, one is hidden in our bathroom next to the shower and a tactical knife is in the locked top drawer cabinet underneath it.

“If you need to defend yourself before any of us get to you please don't hesitate to do so.” My father orders.

“You've been trained on how to use all of these weapons to defend yourself so let this cowardly piece of shit have everything that he's been begging for sister-in-law,” Tyler says before hugging me.

“What if something goes wrong?” I asked everyone but was mainly looking directly at my husband.

“I promise you baby that I won't let anything happen to you this time. I will protect you with everything that I have in me.” Reese informs me as he cups my face in the palm of his hands then kisses me gently on my lips in front of my dad, uncles his mom, and everyone else.

Everyone we have to leave now if we want to catch this sucker tonight and end this nightmare that he's thrown my daughter into.” My dad tells everyone as he hugs me then walks towards the front door.

“You got this sweetheart and I got you,” Reese exclaimed with a cheerful smile that didn't quite match his facial expressions then heads towards the door right behind Tyler and Brendan.

Once everyone was gone the house felt eerily quiet. I'm so used to hearing Asher and Alexia calling mines or Reese's name that I craved to hear some semblance of their voice at a moment like this. I walked into their room and sat down on the Minnie Mouse rocking chair that was on the side of Alexia's room and picked up the small picture frame with the two of them in it.