chapter 10

Gigi's POV

When Crystal and I arrived at our cottage, we didn't know what to do, so we decided to kill time by doing what we usually do: watch TV, talk and...kiss? Yeah, kiss for hours. Until we got interrupted by a knock on the door.

''Oh, hi Mr. Dankworth. Um, what's up?'' I nervously asked. I was afraid my crazy ex-boyfriend or my crazy ex-best friend had gotten us in trouble.

''Hello, ladies. I'm sorry for interrupting your chit-chatting, but I just wanted to let you know that at 10 pm, we'll be having a housewarming party. Though it's not mandatory and it's up to you to decide whether you assist or not, I highly encourage you do. I guarantee you, you'll have a great time.''

''Don't worry, Mr. Dankworth. We'll be sure to make an entrance, right, Gigi?'' Crystal said as she appeared from behind my shoulder.

''Definitely'' I said with confidence and closed the door when Mr. Dankworth left.

✧˖*°࿐

Crystal's POV

''Gigi, I'm excited! This will be our party, you know, together.'' I giggled, as soon as Gigi turned around.

''I'm excited too, Crys, but what do you mean exactly by together?'' She asked, sitting on the bed. Suddenly, I got confused: what did she mean by what did I mean by together? I've never known much about relationships, but I thought that if you kissed someone you had feelings for and that you knew had feelings for you as well, you were automatically a couple.

''Uhm... You know, as a... couple?'' I muttered, confused. I thought this was an implicit thing that both of us were aware of.

''Uhh, yeah... Crystal, I wanted to talk to you about that: I love and respect you endlessly, you're my soulmate, and my best friend; but I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship... at least not right now. You know, because I'm still trying to front face the situation with Sam, and recover from all the damage he's done to me. But I want you to know that nevertheless, I still appreciate everything you've done and still do for me.'' She explained. Right after, I held her soft warm hand and squeezed it tightly.

''Don't worry, Geeg. I understand where you're coming from, and I agree: you need time to heal from all the suffering Sam has put you through, and I 100% guarantee you, I'll be here supporting you through it all.'' I said and immediately hugged Gigi.

''I love you, my Crystal.'' She whispered.

''I love you more, my Gigi'' I whispered back.

✧˖*°࿐

Gigi's POV

It was 8 pm. Crystal and I took 2 hours getting ready for the party because we thought it'd be cute if we did each other's makeup, but Crystal kept messing up mine. At least that's what she said because it looked perfect to me every time. Crystal and I headed to the square where the party would be held in a beautiful arena with a fountain in the center, which had frozen because of the weather but left us with a beautiful icy effect. We were 2 hours early because we offered to help with the party preparations, so when we arrived the only people there were Mr. Dankworth and 3 other students. We got down to work: we set up tables, served the snacks and drinks, installed and tested the speakers, and we were done just in time.

''Great job!'' Everyone high-fived each other.

''It was a pleasure working with you, Ms. Goode.'' Crystal said and kissed my hand.

''The pleasure was all mine, Ms. Methyd'' I planted a smooch on Crystal's reddish cheek.

At 10 sharp, people began arriving, so we could tell they had been waiting for this all day. The other helper students left their spots and merged into the crowd, but Crystal and I remained in our spots, at the sides of the table, until Mr. Dankworth told us he was going to take care of it and encouraged us to just go and enjoy the party.

''Hmm...Who would've thought the old, bitter curmudgeon actually had a heart?'' Crystal mimicked me and we both laughed.

The music was deafening but in a good way. It probably would've bothered me if I was by myself, or with Plastique, or with Samuel, but I wasn't: I was with Crystal, watching her yell the lyrics and mess them up, sing off-key, and jump with me, as her gorgeous curls bounced with the rhythm of the music. Here and now is where I wanted to be more than anything in the world.

''I'm going to go get a drink, I'll be right back'' I told Crystal.

''What? I can't hear you!'' She yelled.

''I SAID I'M GOING TO GO GET A DRINK, BUT I'LL BE RIGHT BACK'' I yelled back.

''Are you sure it's safe to go by yourself?''

''Duh, what's the worst thing that could happen among a bunch of students?'' I stated the obvious, as I turned around and walked towards the table that had the drinks but instead met the last person I wanted to meet on this beautiful night. I think you know who I mean...

''Hey Gigi, I know you probably don't even want to talk to me, but I won't stop begging until you give me a second chance.'' Samuel leaned forward towards me from behind the table, where he was standing.

''Yeah, sweetheart. Ain't gonna happen!'' I said, without looking at him in the eye, as I poured some vodka into my paper glass.

''Sweetheart? Yes! I knew you still had feelings for me.'' He cheered.

''Sam, I don't know if your peanut-sized brain is going to be able to comprehend this, but it's a way to say.''

''Whatever you say, doll; but I still love you, and I'm pretty sure you feel the same about me too.'' He said, pulling me closer to him, and putting his hands on my hips. I hadn't been this close to Sam since the incident. His tender touch, his soft words, his strong cologne scent sticking to my skin... I must be strong... but it was irresistible.

''I don't know if I can forgive you...'' I said, playing with the collar of his shirt. I've always known that drives him crazy.

''Please, Gigi, just... try? I promise I'm not the same Sam who hurt you.'' He pulled me even closer.

''Mmm... okay!'' I finally agreed.

''That's my baby. Now...Let's get wasted!'' He said passing me a bottle.

✧˖*°࿐

Crystal's POV

I wonder where Gigi is... It's been some time since she left my side for a drink. Should I go check on her? In case she's not at the table, should I search for her? If I did, would she think I'm overprotective? This awakened more doubts in me than answers. Relax, Crystal. She probably just went to the bathroom. Gigi is grown enough to know what she's doing. I just kept on dancing for a long, long, long time, until I really started to get concerned. I squinted my eyes in search of her among the crowd until she appeared out of nowhere.

''Gigi, where were you! I've been looking for you for ages!'' I hugged her. She didn't smell like her usual strawberries and peppermint, but rather like booze.

''Crystal, I love you! I love you! I love you!'' Gigi kept on repeating.

''Aw, Geeg. I love you too! You know I do: you're my best friend, duh!''

''Crystal!: I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips! I want to kiss you until I lose my breath.'' Gigi yelled, slurring her words. She then began to run and dance around me.

''Gigi, are you sure you're okay?'' I asked her.

''Oh yeah of cour-... Oh!'' Gigi fell and fainted. I flinched at first, but immediately picked her up, and, without letting anyone know, I ran to our cottage.