Charter 67 - Towel

AT HOSEOK'S PLACE

It wasn't until now that Hoseok noticed that Jimin was actually shaking from the cold. He had come there wearing only a hooded sweater, jeans and trainers, and all his clothes were totally soaked through.

"Come on."

Hoseok quickly led Jimin up the stairs to his own room, where he made him stand in the middle of the room, while he rummaged through his wardrobe for some suitable, dry clothes to lend him.

Jimin drew his hand over his face again, trying to dry it a bit. Then he ran his hand through his hair. It was useless. He was so totally wet that nothing he did made any difference. A small puddle was beginning to form around his feet.

"You need to change out of those clothes, Jimin." Hoseok said softly, bringing out a pair of sweatpants, a warm hoodie, dry socks and boxers. 

Jimin's hands were stiff and shaking slightly from freezing when he grabbed the bunch of clothes Hoseok handed him. 

Hoseok gestured towards the adjoining bathroom and Jimin waddled over, walked inside and closed the door.

Hoseok sat down on the edge of his bed and drew a deep breath, staring towards the bathroom. He didn't know what was happening here right now nor why Jimin had been waiting for him on the stairs in the first place.

The only thing he knew was that he loved him as much as ever. With all his heart he loved that precious, adorable creature.

But he's taken. I can't let myself be carried away by my feelings again. I can't have him.

Hoseok decided that he'd focus on getting Jimin warm again and nothing else. All other thoughts needed to be erased from his mind.

Hoseok stood up, walked over to the bathroom door and knocked. 

"Jimin, you okay?" he asked cautiously.

The door opened and there he was. Hoseok almost smiled. The clothes were a bit too big for Jimin, but he looked immensely cute. 

"Thanks. Much better." Jimin said.

Even with dry clothes on, Hoseok noticed that Jimin was still shivering a bit from the cold and that his face was pale. 

"Can you give me that towel?" Hoseok said. 

Jimin turned around, picked up the towel Hoseok indicated and gave it to him.

"Come sit over here." Hoseok said in a soft voice, gesturing towards a chair.

Jimin obeyed and sat down. Hoseok stood behind him and began to dry Jimin's hair with the towel, starting at his temples, rubbing the towel against his scalp in thorough, soothing motions. It was hard to ignore how much he liked to touch Jimin like that.

"Jimin."

"Yeah."

Hoseok hesitated. It was okay to ask just this one question, wasn't it? Yes, he had to ask, he just had to know. And after all, it was just normal conversation to ask these things, right?

"Why are you here... and not... you know... with him... with Jackson?"

Jimin closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of Hoseok's gentle hands.

"It's over. I'm not with Jackson anymore."

Hoseok stopped his movement for a second, but then he continued slowly. He felt a warmth spreading in his chest hearing those words. He moved the towel over Jimin's hair, applying just the right amount of pressure, massaging him softly.

Calm down, don't get your hopes up, it doesn't mean anything. You hurt him so much, he doesn't want you, Hoseok told himself.

Jimin sat with his eyes closed. 

It was amazing to have Hoseok touch him again, even if he was just drying his hair. The way his fingers just happened to stroke Jimin's bare neck, as if by mistake, before he finished the session, it sent shivers of pleasure through Jimin's whole body. He didn't want Hoseok to stop.

"Okay, done." Hoseok said nonetheless, removing the towel.

"Thanks." Jimin said, standing up from the chair. 

Jimin hesitated. He didn't know if Hoseok wanted him to leave now, or if he himself maybe wanted to leave, so he just ended up standing there undecided. He was still feeling surprisingly frozen. He looked at Hoseok.

Hoseok was so handsome standing there, fumbling absentmindedly with the towel which was still in his hands. He had removed his leather jacket and wore now only tight, torn black jeans and a black t-shirt.

When Hoseok became aware that Jimin was looking at him, he met Jimin's gaze and they stood like hypnotised staring at each other for far too long, until Hoseok managed to get a grip.

"Eh... how about... I get you something warm from the kitchen?" Hoseok suggested, afraid Jimin would start talking about leaving again.

Jimin was awakened from his own trance.

"Huh? Okay, yeah, thanks I'd like that." Jimin said, nodding his head.

"You go sit on the sofa. I'll be back soon, okay?"

Jimin sat down on the sofa and looked when Hoseok walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. 

Jimin involuntarily shivered. How could he still feel cold? He lay his head on the armrest and curled up on the sofa to keep warm.

Hoseok, is there any hope for us, any hope you can forgive me for ignoring you for so long? What can I even say to make you forgive me?

With those thoughts swirling around in his mind he began to doze off.

_______________________________