Chapter 17: Detention

IN SCHOOL

"I don't really care what you do, but i suggest you spend the time doing your homework. You'll have to stay in this room for 45 minutes and are not allowed to talk to each other. I'll lock the door and come back for you at 15.45, got it?" the teacher said before leaving the classroom.

Hoseok and Jimin had chosen seats on opposite sides of the classroom, Hoseok one row further back from the front than Jimin. They hadn't said a word to each other, not even 'hi'.

Jimin took his school books out of his bag and put them on the desk, sighing. He opened one of them, trying to figure out what he was supposed to read. He couldn't concentrate, knowing Hoseok was there just a few meters away. 

Hoseok stood up from his chair and started pacing up and down, looking at Jimin's back. He didn't know what to do. Usually during detention he didn't do much. He doodled on his school books or played with his phone. Or both. 

But usually there was no Jimin. Usually he wasn't locked in a room with the cutest guy in existence. 

"Fuck it." he said to himself and first took a step in Jimin's direction, then hesitated and stopped.

He started pacing back and forth again, still staring at Jimin's back. 

Hoseok longed to touch him. He wanted to grab him from his chair, pin him to the wall and kiss him violently. And he wanted to touch much more of Jimin's body than just his back and neck.

He couldn't stop himself from imagining Jimin without a shirt on. Hoseok very much liked the look of Jimin's defined biceps and abs, which were distinguishable underneath his shirt.

He had of course felt sexual attraction before, but never like this. 

This was something more. He could even imagine himself spending a cosy evening with Jimin watching a movie, cuddled up together on the sofa, ruffling Jimin's orange hair. 

Or taking him to a fancy restaurant to show off how rich he was, holding his hand across a candle lit table. Buy him gifts, make him smile, take him to a concert or just for a ride in his car to the perfect sightseeing spot.

And this is exactly why I have to erase him from my mind. There is no place in my life for any Jimin.

"Hoseok. Can you please stop pacing up and down? I can't concentrate." Jimin said.

"Can you please stop being so fucking cute, Jimin? I can't concentrate." Hoseok mumbled but Jimin heard him. 

Jimin turned his chair around and stared at Hoseok, his eyebrows raised, blushing slightly.

Hoseok stopped pacing looking back at Jimin. 

They looked in each other's eyes, temporarily forgetting time and space. Hoseok took a few steps towards Jimin, without thinking about what he was doing. Jimin stood up from his chair taking a step towards Hoseok. 

Now they stood only one meter apart. 

"I've been thinking about you a lot, you know. Ever since the summer holidays. Honestly, Hoseok, I just can't stop thinking about you." Jimin said in a low voice, taking a step closer.

"Don't do this, Jimin. Don't say that." Hoseok almost whispered.

"Why? You just told me I'm cute and you fucking kissed me in the streets."