💖One💖

"Maria Louis!" Maria's mother yelled from the living room.
Maria slowly sat up in her bed and sighed sadly. She ran her hands through her short curly hair. She was thinking about what the heck she had done this time.

"This mother of mine. It is a Saturday, can't I even sleep in?" she muttered as a yawn racked out of her.

"Maria Louis!!" she repeated in an angrier tone. Maria groaned and picked up her glasses. She put them on and walked downstairs

"Yes mother?" she asked when she got to the living room
"Can't you ever wake up early?" she asked and Maria rolled her eyes
"I wake up early the whole week. Today is Saturday mother, what do you want from me?" Maria asked and her mother glared at her

"We need to leave for the church. He must be waiting for us" her mother informed and Maria's brows drew together in confusion

"Wait..who is waiting for us?" Maria decided to ask. But knowing her mother she knew that she wouldn't get an answer.

"Georgina!!!" her mother screamed and Maria's younger sister came out of her room

"Yes, mother?" Georgina said with a yawn. She had her hair in a ponytail and she was in a pair of shorts and a cropped top

"Get changed into something decent, we are going to the church" their mother ordered and Georgina looked at Maria for an explanation but Maria shook her head.

"What are you waiting for Gina?! Go now! You too Maria!" their mother added and they obliged.

After fifteen minutes they came out of their rooms. Maria was in a beautiful knee-length sundress and Gina was in a short skirt and a pretty blouse. Her blonde hair was down her back.

Maria didn't wear her glasses but instead wore contact lenses. In silence, they walked to their car and Maria drove to the church on her mother's instructions.

When they got there, there was a priest and a man dressed in a suit. Their mother was also in a long white gown and suddenly things started to make sense.

"Mother, are you getting married?" Gina exclaimed and their mother rolled her eyes. She got out of the car, walked to the man in the suit, and kissed him

"Maria are you seeing what I'm seeing?!" Gina asked her sister and looked at her. Maria had a look of disgust on her face.
"Maria!" Gina called out, but Maria didn't react

"Earth to Maria!!" she repeated and finally Maria snapped out of her trance.

"What?!" she yelled at her sister

"You zoned out" Gina informed and Maria blew out a breath and ran her hands through her hair before hurriedly opening her side of the car and jumping out. Gina followed briskly behind her sister.

"What in the world is going on here mother?!" Maria screamed at her mother

"Right, I haven't introduced you to my soon to be husband, Derek," their mother said and Gina gasped

"Soon-to-be husband?! You are getting married when our father died only six months ago?!" Maria yelled and her mother scoffed

"Yes, that bastard is dead and left everything to this precious daughters. I didn't get a cent from all that wealth" their mother said bitterly and Maria shook her head

"Is that all you want mother?! Money? I'll be twenty in six months, and then I'll transfer it all to you" Maria tried to reason but her mother shook her head.

"I want to marry Derek and he wants me, you can't buy with your money Maria Louis," their mother said and Maria nodded her head bitterly.

"Of course Janet I can't. But I want to see where the fuck you are going to live with that..man. Because you're not stepping a foot into my father's house" Maria seethed out and Janet rolled her eyes and carried on with the wedding.

They got married right in front of her and she couldn't do anything to stop them. Maria felt disappointed in her mother and more disappointed in herself.
***
I know, I didn't go for long now did I? Well, Pearl is back and she has brought you a new story with a different idea.

This is a short story so the chapters will be just as short 😘😘.

Did you like the first chapter? Please show this book as much love as you showed Mafia Boss. I love y'all, stay safe.
Xoxo, Pearl 😘😘😘❤️