💖Seven💖

Maria sat with Noah and they spoke till late at night until Maria got a phone call from her mother.

"Maria is Noah taken care of?" Janet's voice came and Maria's heartbeat accelerated. She completely forgot why she even came there.

"We have a lot to talk about mother," Maria said
"Alright, so why aren't you home already?!" Janet exclaimed
"I'll get there soon, I decided to do something before coming home. I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Maria said
"Alright Ria, get home soon"

She hung up and put her phone in her purse before grabbing her pistol and without another word, she walked out of his apartment and to her range rover and drove away, thinking about how the hell she could have stayed with Noah for this long. Noah on the other hand saw that he was winning this little game of theirs. And he wouldn't rest till he had broken that barrier Maria had put in between herself and the male population.

When Maria got home she explained everything to her mother and Janet agreed that they'd do more investigation about the situation before they take any further action.

At this same time, Inspector Sanchez was having a hard time going to bed. She kept thinking about all the men who had died and how they had all been shot with the same type of gun; a sniper rifle. She also noticed that Maria was always stuck in traffic in her white Ferrari whenever any of them were murdered

It amused her that she was never at home nor at the office, she just always seemed to be stuck in traffic.

"Sandra goes to bed," her brother said when he came to the living room of their family home to find his sister awake.

"I can't! I know very well that it was Maria Louis who killed all those men. Why isn't she ever seen with anyone whenever these people die? And of course, all the men who died have had a falling out with Maria and their wives. And these men's wives are also last seen with Maria and Janet before they are killed. This is all fucking connected, but I can't prove it. That is my only problem here!!" Sandra ranted to her brother and he looked at his sister with concern.

"Sandra, I said go to bed. Right now" her brother said in a more authoritative voice. Since he was older than her, she grudgingly obliged
"Good night Sandra" he called after her
"Good night, Erik" she responded before disappearing at the top of the stairs.
*****
The next morning when Maria walked into her office, she saw that there was a very big present in the corner of her office.

She placed her purse on her desk and walked to it. It has a card attached to it, the card just said: "open it, you won't regret it". She tore it open and it was a big mirror. She stared at the mirror with a horrified look on her face because everyone who knew her knew that she hated mirrors, one could even say that she has a fear of mirrors.

It was a large mirror that captured her from head to toe. And this was the first time in five years that she had seen her reflection in a mirror. Even when Maria had to go somewhere important and had to do makeup, she'd use a small compact mirror so that she could see her lips and eyes because that was the only kind of makeup she ever does. But she'd never look at her face at once, she'd first look at her eyes and then her lips but she never checks her whole face.

She stood in front of the mirror with tears in her eyes as she scanned her whole body in the mirror. After a while she picked up a mug on her desk and threw it at the mirror, shattering both the mirror and mug into a million pieces.

When Noah and Suzanne heard the sound of a glass being shattered they rushed to Maria's office only to find her in tears and sitting on the floor.

"Maria?" Suzanne said in shock and concern, she walked over to Maria and helped her up and onto her couch.
"Maria should I get you some water??" Suzanne asked but Maria shook her head