💖Sixteen💖

Around dawn the next day, the police found Maria's Ferrari, because of brake failure Audrey drove off a cliff and the car crashed. Unfortunately for them, they didn't find her body, even though the car didn't burst into flames.

The Saturday after that they had her funeral. Without her body to them the funeral was meaningless. They couldn't say their goodbyes to her and Audrey's mother refused to accept the death of her daughter.

They all blamed Maria for Audrey's passing or disappearance as Katelyn put it and Maria took all their insults without a word. Even when her sister, mother, father, and brother tried to defend her she'd shut them up and allow the Riveras to insult her.

But one day, six months later, she accidentally said it to the hearing of Katelyn Rivera when she was on the phone with someone. Her family didn't know that Scarlett was the cause of her sister's death. And neither did the Riveras...

"...None of them know that you are alive. And more importantly, I have made sure that they don't know that Scarlett was responsible for your accident" Maria said

"That's good Ria. I am happy here in London and I don't want anyone to know that I'm alive" the person said and Maria nodded her head.

"I understand Audrey. No one will come to find out. I promise" Maria answered but the next thing she was met with was a slap from Katelyn Rivera. She dropped her phone at the suddenness of it all and it disconnected.

"How dare you hide the fact that our daughter is alive from us?!!! Maria Louis, I know that you hate us but I never thought that you would do such a thing!!" Katelyn yelled and Maria got fed up.

"Fuck off," Maria said back and Katelyn raised her hand to slap her again but Maria caught her hand and twisted it behind her.

"Mrs. Rivera, the only one who deserves these slaps is Scarlett...your daughter. Because she is the one responsible for the disappearance of her younger sister." Maria whispered coldly and left her hand.

She walked to her desk and called security from her office phone.

"Why the hell is Katelyn in my office?! Twenty-nine seconds, that's all you have to get this deranged bitch out of my sight!" she ordered like the tyrant she was and hung up.

They entered Maria's office almost immediately and were about to touch her when she held her hand up.

"I'll walk out!" she told them and left.

"Don't forget to go and see your psychiatrist before you talk to me again!" Maria called after her and turned to her incompetent security guards.

"Get out! Every one of you is fired. Get the fuck out!!" Maria yelled at them and they nodded and left.

She had closed her eyes and was running her hands through her hair when she smelt a familiar perfume she hadn't smelled in a while. She smiled and all her worries disappeared as she opened her eyes to find her fiancé standing in front of her.

"Noah!!" she exclaimed and ran to hug him. Noah went on a business trip to Italy for six months. He left the night of Audrey's disappearance because it was important. His business partners insisted on seeing him or else his business would have collapsed.

"Baby girl, I missed you" he responded and kissed her cheek. Maria giggled and pecked his lips. Talk about bipolar right? One minute she was yelling at her employees the next she is giggling. But that's the power of love. Love can either make you or break you. Love can either be your strength or weakness. And luckily for Maria, her love was her strength. Her love mended her when she was broken.

After they pulled away, Noah hooked his hands behind her waist and turned her around so that her back was facing him. He slowly slid his hands down her back to her ass before sending them back to the left side of her back. Maria closed her eyes and bit her lip at the shivers that his mere touch gave her.

"There is a tattoo on this side of your back" he whispered in her ear and she nodded. The black ink was evident because of the white shirt she was wearing.

"When did you get it?" he asked and she turned around before answering him.

"Two weeks after you left. A friend of mine offered and I accepted" she answered and he nodded his head slowly in understanding.

"What is it of?" he asked and she smirked at him and turned around. She unbuttoned her shirt and took it off. Noah was stunned by her actions but then he saw the tattoo and was more stunned by it.

"It's a tattoo of you" she whispered and turned around to face him and showed him her wrist.

"And this is a tattoo of the ring you gave me" she added and he grinned at her before engulfing her in another hug

"I love you" he whispered and she smiled. But it faded when she saw his back. He was in a white dress shirt so she could see his back as well

"You got a tattoo too" she stated and he nodded his head before they pulled away.

"Of?" she asked and walked to her desk. She sat in her chair and put her shirt back on before looking up at Noah.

"Of you" he murmured and her heart skipped a beat as she looked at him. Both of them got tattoos of each other.

But then they were interrupted by someone who knocked at Maria's office door.

"Come in!" Maria said and Anastasia opened the door slightly and poked her head inside.

"Maria you have a meeting with a girl for the position of your new assistant," she said and Maria groaned and looked at Noah who had settled on the couch on the right side of her office.

He smiled at her and nodded his head as if to tell her to go ahead with her meeting. She turned around to Anastasia and nodded so Ana brought the girl.

"Good morning" the girl greeted and Maria nodded her head. She was mostly closed off to her employees except for Ana, Suzanne, Melanie, and Noah who is no longer her employee.

Maria was going through the girl's profile when she glanced up to see her giving Noah seductive looks, but Noah was too focused on his phone to notice.

"Ms. Layla! What are you looking at?!" she snapped and Noah looked up at his fiancée in confusion as to why she was so angry.

"I'm sorry did you need something?" Layla asked, not understanding what she did wrong. Maria cocked an eyebrow as if to say are you kidding me? She was surprised by the girl's audacity and was also amused so she decided to hire her

"You are hired," Maria said and gave her file back to her. Layla smiled and got up along with Maria.

"When do I start?" she asked
"You just did" Maria answered and walked to Noah before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll be right back, I have a meeting in a few minutes," Maria whispered and Noah wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her to his lap.

"I am actually about to leave. I wanna go home, see you there" he said and she nodded her head before they kissed. Slowly, but with passion.

"I love you" she whispered and left with Layla, who had jealousy written all over her face.

Why does everyone who works with Maria fall in love with her fiancé? That was the question that played over and over in her mind.
**********
A/n
Hi, my pretties. How was your Christmas!? Did you celebrate with family or friends? Was it fun? I hope it was. The next chapter will finally be from Maria's point of view and will also be the last chapter.

See you in that chapter. Merry Christmas, and I hope you have a prosperous new year. Love y'all, stay safe.
Xoxo, Pearl😘😘❤️💕💜🎉🎉🎊🎊