FOURTEEN. the ghost she could also see

LENNON WATCHED as customers walked in and out of the café

Mainly all the regulars and just a handful of new people every once in a while.

She smiled as a familiar face walked in. A regular of course. Lennon hadn't seen herself ever get close to customers before, but regulars were different.

"Should've been here yesterday. They messed up my order."

"Nice to see you, Mr. Covington."

How was Lennon supposed to know that Caleb was a ghost? To her, he was just another regular customer who liked his coffee dark.

A ghost nonetheless. Caleb knew Lennon could see him after he just walked into the small establishment. Hoping to find other ghosts to join the ghost club.

He never expected to see a lifer interact with him. So, when Willie mentioned Lennon he already knew who she was.

No one ever looked at Lennon funny when she looked like she was talking to absolutely no one. She had always worn a headset to better hear her coworkers who worked in the back. No one ever questioned who was talking to who in the café.

"Nice to see you, Lennon." He smiled.

If we're being honest, Caleb had no issues with Lennon. The girl wouldn't hurt a fly if it wasn't bothering her. He was pretty sure that she was still upset about the events from the night before and had expected her to not come to work today. All he wanted was to get Luke and Lennon as far apart as possible and if he could succeed, they could possibly stop being each other's soulmates.

Luke Patterson and Lennon Sunder had several things Caleb Covington couldn't have for himself. Those things being a life, for one, a soulmate, and the ability to be seen by lifers anytime he wanted. The only exception being Lennon.

"Your regular?" Lennon asked.

Caleb nodded. He didn't know how to bring up the topic of Luke without making it seem like he knew of her situation. Last night was somewhat of a fail as he didn't get the true result that he wanted.