Chapter 17

The next day you woke up and felt at least a little relaxed. You remembered the night before and carefully stared at the screen of your phone. It was locked. You unlocked it. The call was over at 5am. He read to you for several hours and even left you a message.

Instagram DM private chat
ArcaneAbditory and AlbertoRosende

AlbertoRosende 📖
Good night, little bookworm
sweetheart ♥️ I'm glad I could
help. Let's do this again tonight.

ArcaneAbditory 🌌
Thank you, Alberto ♥️
For everything

The feelings you had for Alberto, you couldn't explain them. It was a friendship, but so much deeper. Not a typical crush. It felt like you knew him for several years. It felt like he was always there. The moment he texted you, the day became brighter and the darkness kind of disappeared. You simply weren't alone and intrigued by that feeling, you enjoyed every single bit. It was more than friendship. It was love.

Alberto on the other hand: You had no idea how he felt. He most certainly spend a lot of time chatting with you and he even read to you in tricky nights. The hearts he send, the nicknames... He could do that with everyone else too. Not knowing how to interpret his actions and the depth of his heart, you shook the thought off and continued thinking you were just an unimportant friend for him.