Chapter 7

(Back to your regularly scheduled pic of Enzo)

~Friendship, Feelings, and Fear~

Aria Medlar

*start song*
That night the group decided to all meet at the astronomy tower to smoke the rest of Enzo's weed. I was more than happy to tag along and get my mind off of the day's events. Unsurprisingly though, I was the first there because the rest of the group was late.

Lucille had decided not to come because she was exhausted and I had no idea where Draco would be. He was always off doing something else. But I wasn't one to question him, Draco had always been closed off from the rest of us.

A sigh escaped my lips as I looked out into the night sky. The chill had increased by now and suddenly I was grateful I wore a sweatshirt. Looking out at the world like this made me realize how little I was compared to everything else.

"Beautiful innit?" A voice said walking up beside me.

I looked over at Enzo with a little smile. "It is. Makes me realize how little my problems really are. With such a small life, why waste it worrying about silly things?"

"I like that Medlar. I like it a lot"

No other words were exchanged between us. It wasn't an awkward silence though, it was one where words weren't needed, just being in each other's presence was enough.

There was still a lot of unsaid damage between us and I knew that the discussion would come soon. But for now, it was just Enzo, the stars, and I.

"Hello party people" Nyx's voice suddenly sounded swinging bottle of fire whiskey in the air.

I turned around to see Pansy standing there with a sweet little smile on her face. "Hello Ariana"

My anger flared. Just the sight of her face was enough to rile me up. "You looked better with the boils."

Behind me, Enzo let out a snort but quickly cleared his throat trying to hide it. "And you look better scrubbing trophies in detention. It's what people like you are made for after all"

"Hey Pansy." Nyx started, looking so scary that even I recoiled a bit. "If you don't shut your mouth I will shove you down the stairs"

Apparently Pugface took the hint because she stomped over to where the bong and alcohol was and took a seat.

The rest of us followed suit and I settled in between Crabbe and Nyx, immediately going in for a shot. "Woah there Aria." Nyx laughed "You're eager tonight"

"There's a lot I'm trying to get off of my mind" I shrugged already downing a second one.

My eyes met Enzo's to see him downing a shot of his own. Seems like he too has a lot of things that he needed a distraction from.