Chapter 6

Tony didn't sleep at all, staying up all night working on his iron man suit. Steve and Bruce urged him to go to sleep but found that they couldn't sleep either, restless thoughts about the boy who just walked into their lives. By the time morning came, the three men sluggishly walked into the kitchen and drank a pot of coffee each with the most noticeable bags under their eyes. They all shared a silent conversation, hoping that one of them have heard from Peter.

"Have either of you at least gotten a text back?" Bruce asked with desperation seeping into his voice.

Tony and Steve both shook their heads solemnly, "No, and I'm getting more worried by the minute," Steve said.

Tony leaned on the counter silently, Bruce and Steve could see his mind running a mile a minute, his eyes distant and not focusing on anything. Tony pushed off of the counter and walked towards the kitchen island, where he had installed one of his many hologram computers for easy access, and did some typing. After a minute, Tony's eyes burned bright, lit by a spark of hope, "Steve, you met Peter at a gym right? Said he works there?" he looked at Steve.

Steve leaned forward a little cautiously, confused on how a gym will help them find Peter, "Yeah? What about it?"

Bruce smacked his arm lightly, "You really need to get eight hours of sleep Steve, if you go to the gym then you'll know if Peter is okay because he is your personal trainer!"

Steve made an 'o' shape with his mouth before smiling and running off to his room to get changed into some proper work out clothes before skipping down out the tower.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Peter woke up with a stinging on his head, blinking a couple of times to see Aunt May walk around from behind him.

"Wake up, brat!" she spat in his face, "You're free to go! Wouldn't want to keep your boyfriends waiting," she smirked.

Peter snapped awake with that and looked down to his wrists, gently lifting them expecting a metal sting but only felt air. Peter hurriedly stood up like May was gonna change her mind and practically ran to his room, only stumbling a few times. He went straight for his phone to check the time and day only to find about 400+ missed texts and half as many missed calls. Peter sighed, not having the energy to do much about it, and decided that he would just call each of them back later. Peter checked the time and date and slightly panicked because he has a shift in the gym about, 5 minutes ago.

Peter scrambled around his room as quick as he could, while minding his new injury, and ran out the front door with his bag and his keys. Peter quickly called his manager to let her know that he is heading to work and apologized profusely for being late. His manager was very kind, telling him that he has such perfect attendance that she isn't worried about him being 10 minutes late and thanked Peter for calling her before hanging up.

Peter walked into the gym and walked by the front desk as he dropped his bag off at his locker and braced himself, hoping that he could catch a break and not have to see Steve right now. Unfortunately for Peter, he saw Steve on the treadmill and once Steve saw Peter he nearly fell off the machine. Peter sighed and slowly walked over to Steve, thinking of what he could say that wouldn't make Steve suspicious of anything.

Peter made it over to Steve and turned to sit his bag down, he turned back around with a small, "He-". Steve had cut Peter off with a tight hug, knocking the air out of his lungs. Peter was very grateful for his powers or else he might have needed to go to the hospital for his broken ribs.

Peter just relaxed into the embrace and let Steve babble on, "Oh my gosh, Pete, we were so worried! We were texting you but you weren't even looking at them! Then some stalker decided to scare us even more! Did you know someone has been stalking you? Don't worry Pete we'll take care of you! Nothing bad is going to happen to you, ever!"