Christmas Eve (Sabriel)

Sam was in his room, thinking of what to get Gabriel for Christmas. "Maybe I could get him a sweater?" He thought out loud, "No, that's dumb." He sat for another 20-30 minutes before giving up. He decided to go to the store and see if he could get some ideas. As he was about to walk out of the bunker, he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Heya Samsquatch."

Sam stopped walking and turned around. Gabriel practically jumped on him, kissing him. "Where ya goin'?"

"Just to the store. Grocery run."

"Uh huh. Sure. Sammy, Cas just went shopping yesterday. We don't need groceries.' He chuckled.

"Uh... Yeah, well... I have something I need to do." Sam said, giving Gabe a quick peck on the lips before walking out the door.

'Strange one, that moose of mine.' Gabriel thought as he got a glass of water and went back to his room.

At the store, Sam still couldn't think of anything to get Gabe. This was their first Christmas as a couple, and he wanted it to be perfect. Sam was worried because he couldn't find anything to get him. Eventually he just decided to go home and ask Dean for help.

"Well, why don't you take him out to dinner or something?"

"Dean, it's Christmas Eve and it's our first Christmas as an official couple! I want it to be special."

Dean was silent for a few minutes, thinking.

"I've got it!" He said snapping his fingers, "You know that hotel a few hours out that we pass sometimes when we're on a hunt?"

Sam nodded slowly, not know where Dean was going with this.

"Maybe you could take him there for the weekend." He suggested.

Sam shrugged and thought about it.

After a few minutes, he agreed and started making plans. Later that evening, he told Gabriel that he had a surprise for him, and took him out to the impala, which Dean was surprisingly generous enough to let them borrow, smiling widely.

"Babe, where are we going??" Gabriel asked, noticing cas leave from putting a couple of suitcases in the backseat of the car.

"I told you. It's a surprise." Sam smirked and got into the drivers seat. They waved goodbye to Dean and Cas as they pulled out of the garage. Not even 10 minutes later, it started snowing.

"I love watching show fall." Gabriel smiled, looking out his window.

Sam glanced over at him and smiled.

About an hour and a half later, the engine started sputtering and Sam pulled over, parking beside a tree.

"Dammit." He muttered under his breath. "I'm sorry Gabe.... we we're supposed to be going to a hotel for the weekend. That was the surprise, but now it's ruined. Now we're stuck, almost 2 hours away from the bunker, its snowing like crazy, and I don't have cell service so I can't call Dean. This is the worst Christmas Eve ever. He said, looking at Gabriel with tears in his eyes.

Gabriel scooted closer to Sam and grabbed his hand. He smiled softly then said, " This is the best Christmas I've ever had. I get to spend it with my favorite person in the whole wide world. No matter where we are, no matter the circumstances, as long as I get to spend Christmas with you, I'm happy." He wiped a tear from Sam's cheek as it fell.

Sam smiled, then leaned over to kiss Gabriel. "I love you so much." He said, hugging Gabe.

"I love you too, you large puppy moose hybrid."

They both laughed at the nickname and snuggled together before quickly falling asleep.

I decided to do a Sabriel one shot this time, since I haven't done that yet, so it's probably not very good. And since it's December, I decided to try something Christmas themed. So I hope you guys like it okay. Alright, bye. 🖖