Chapter 5

~{Evangeline's POV}~

"My mum died from lung cancer."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I glanced at Ashton who was looking down, his eyes glazed.

Kelsey walked up to me, looked me strait in the eyes and hugged me, "I'm so sorry..." She mumbled. I nodded but didn't hug her back. She let go and I looked at Ashton again. His back was against the wall, arms crossed, staring at me.

We both remind each other of our mom so much. I felt tears brimming my eyes. I let a tear fall and Ashton opened his arms and I ran into them.

"Its okay." He soothed. I let a sob escape my mouth. Then I felt someone else come into the hug. I looked up to see Luke. He gave us both a sad smile.

In a matter of seconds, everyone else came into the hug. Phoebe and Daisy looked confused but came into the hug anyways. I giggled.

We all let go and I smiled, "Thanks guys." I said. Everyone smiled.

"I'm sorry that happened. How come you never told me before?" Niall asked.

I shrugged, "You never asked and it was never something I wanted to talk about."

"Well! Enough of the sad faces! Lets eat some cookies!" Johanna chimed. Niall and Kelsey ran to the cookies before anyone could move an inch.

"Well gee guys. Didn't know you were that hungry." Louis mumbled. He seemed off, I could tell. Liam noticed this too.

"You okay Lou?" Liam asked. Louis looked up with a cookie in his mouth.

"Hm? Yeah yeah.." He mumbled. "Hey mum, we're gonna hang out in the living room okay?"

"Mhm yeah yeah go ahead! Dinner will be ready at 6!" Johanna said. I smiled at her and everyone else followed Louis to his living room. We walked through a hallway full of picture frames on the wall.

One particular picture caught my eye though. I stopped walking and looked at it. It was a group picture, and I was in it... I recognized this picture. It was Ashton, Luke, my mum, aunt Kelly, me, Johannah, Felicite, Daisy, Phoebe, Lottie, and Louis. I remember this picture.. We have a copy at my house but I haven't seen it in ages. I was thirteen. This was taken right before my mom died.

FLASHBACK

"Angelika! Ashton! Luke! Come downstairs! We're going over to the Tomlinsons'!" Mum yelled.

"Coming!" We all yelled.

"Angelika! Have you seen my trousers?" Luke came into my room just in his boxers. I laughed out loud and shook my head.

"Shut up.." He mumbled. His eyes lit up and ran out of my room. I giggled and put away my laptop. I grabbed my phone and jogged down the stairs to find everyone downstairs. I saw Luke with his pants on.

"Where'd you find your trousers?" I asked smirking.

"They were in the cabinet..." He mumbled. I raised my eyebrow.

"Why were they in the- you know what, I'm not gonna ask. Move your arses out the door! C'mon we gotta go!" My mum yelled. We laughed and walked out the door and down the side walk to Johanna's house.

We've known the Tomlinsons' since I was 4. We were practically one huge family.

We got to their front door and Ashton burst through the door yelling, "ASHTON WINTERS HAS ARRIVED!" I laughed. The guys went out to the backyard where I guess Louis was. I followed my mom to the kitchen where Johanna and Lottie were.

"I knew you guys were here! Ashton yelled pretty loud." Johanna giggled.

"Hey Lottie!" I said smiling at her. She was 10 years old.

"Hi." She waved shyly.

"You girls go on outside! I think the twins, Felicite, Louis, and the boys are out there." Johanna said. We nodded and walked out to the backyard. The guys were playing football (soccer) and the girls were playing hide seek. Lottie ran off to play with them. I walked over to the hammock they had and laid down on it looking up at the sky.

"LOOK OUT!" Someone yelled. Before I knew it, I got hit in the head with a football and fell off the hammock.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hit you, love!" I looked up to very pretty blue eyes.

"Its okay..." I said. I looked behind Louis and saw Ashton and Luke making googly eyes and laughed right after. I noticed Louis was staring at me, "What?"

"Hm? Nothing... You're very pretty." He mumbled.

I smiled., "Thanks.." He nodded and went back to his game.

To be honest.. I've had a crush on Louis since I was 10, and he was thirteen... So hearing that he thinks I'm pretty kind of got me day dreaming. But he's 16 now and I'm 13 and he's never around as much now because he's in high school. My mom knows about the crush I had. She practically pulled it out of me. And Johanna probably knows this too. Speaking of my mom and Johanna..

"Kids! C'mon! Lets take a picture!" My mum said. We all stopped what we were doing and went over to a spot in front of the camera. It was on a stand. We all got together and my mom pressed some buttons, and ran over to us.

"Say Cheese!" Johanna said. We all smiled.

Click!

The camera flashed.

Smack!

"Oi! Who hit my butt!?" Luke yelled. I looked over and saw Ashton looking at the sky. Luke came up to Ashton and smacked him on the face. We all laughed.

"No one. And I mean no one. Touches my bum. Just no." Luke yelled.

FLASHBACK OVER

I smiled at the picture. Tears brimming my eyes.

"I remember that picture. Haven't been home in ages honestly. After hearing my mom talk to you and you guys coming here, I remember everything. So long ago and seeing you at the high school I used to go to, you just looked so familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it." Louis said from behind me. I quickly wiped my eyes. Louis looked at me concerned. "Hey are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "It's just.. This picture was taken before my mom died.." I said. He gave me a sad smile and gave me a hug. I hugged him back.

"C'mon lets go to my living room." He said. I nodded smiling.

"Awww..." I heard from behind me. Louis didn't though. I turned my head and saw Johanna and Lottie smiling. I rolled my eyes and smiled. They winked.

We got to the living room to find Luke and Ashton wrestling.

"What's going on?" I asked. They both stopped wrestling and looked at me.

"HE HIT MY BUM!" Luke yelled and pointed at Ashton. I laughed.

"Ashton why'd you do that?" Niall asked.

"He said if Shrek and Lord Voldemort had a baby, it would be me." Ashton mumbled.

"No one. And I mean No ONE. Touches my bum. Just no." Luke said. Snapping his fingers in a 'Z' formation. I laughed out loud so hard.

"Only you Luke... Only you.." Louis chuckled.

***Kind of a filler, Kind of had important ish information. Had a little humor in there because you learned something sad about the Winters twins. ciao*** (12/4/20)

~ Angelika

We're Not Crazy. We're Not Weird. We're Not Stupid. We Know Eachother like We Know Ourselves. We're Family<3

©Copyright® 2020

All Rights Reserved.

An Original By Angelika Gomez.

Don't Steal Please.