Dutch?

Grace looked around the inside of the boat, seeing the scared looks in the mans who just waked up. The leader of the highlanders got up, and everyone followed him. He looked at Grace and showed her a sign of going to the stairs, she refused, but the guy kept telling her to go.

Tommy looked at her, and realized what was happening. He was also scared, but he went to the stairs, and Grace stood in a corner far away from the stairs.

They heard the steps closer and closer. When in a moment Tommy grabbed the man by his ancle and pulled him to the floor where the others guys grabbed him, but still being alert.

"IM DUTCH" screamed the man.

"Dutch? But didnt they went?"

"Yeah, but I came back"

"Why?"

"To help, of course"

"Is this your boat?" Asked the leader.

"Yes, I came back because I thought it will start floating"

"But the tie is barely coming in" responded Tommy.

"Yes, but when I left it wasnt this full"

"But will it float?" Said Grace.

"Of course it will, but we have to loose weigh-"

They heard a bullet hitting the metal and they all ducked, and went to the ground.
They all maked silence as Tommy intensely stared at the hole, when an other bullet was heard, followed by another.

They all standed up, including Grace, as Tommy whispered.

"No, dont, they will now we are here"

"But they do, why would they will be shooting?"

"See the grouping?"said Tommy.

"It looks like target practice" said Grace.

"Exactly!"

They all sat down, as water began entering the boat, the leader instructed one of the higlanders to go and civer the holes. He followed orders and then a couple of moments later got shot.

"Havent they had enough practice?" Said a highlander.

"We need to lose weight" said Alex.

"Well, thanks for volunteering" said the leader.

"I dont need a volunteer, I know exactly who needs to get off"said Alex while looking at Gibson. "This one, he is a German Spy"

"Dont be ridicoulus"said Grace.

"He is a fucking Jerry! Didnt notice he hasnt sayed a word? If you aks me, he doesnt speak english, if he does it would be with an accent."

"Your daft." Repsonded Tommy, "Tell him".

"Yeah....tell me Gibson" said Alex pointing his riffle at him."

"TELL ME!"

"Tell him, for gods sake!"

"je suis Français" respondes Gibson.

Tommy looked at him dissapointed. Grace was not impresed, since she knew that the boy was french.

"A frog.....A BLOODY FROG"said Alex. "WHO IS GIBSON EH?  SOME NAKED ENGLISH MAN YOU FOUND IN THE SAND? At least you had the deseny to buried him?"

"He did, we helped him, we thought it was his mate!" Said Tommy in respond to Alex.

"Maybe he killed him!" Said Alex.

"HE DIDNT KILL ANYONE" siad Grace.

"AND HOW DO WE KNOW?!"

"How hard is it to found a death man at the Dunkirk beach?!" Responded Tommy. "He didnt kill anyone, he was just looking for a way out of sand like everyone of us".

Grace looked scared as she saw the scene that was happening, they heard more bullets and Grace whispered to Gibson "ne vous inquiétez pas, nous ne laisserons personne vous blesser" (dont worry, we wont let anyone hurt you).

"THEY ARE MAKING SURE SHE WONT FLOAT" screamed a man.

"Well, if we want to make it float we know who is getting of" said Alex when they were all looking at Gibson.

"You cant do that, he is French, he is on our side."

Alex grabbed Gibsons shirt and started tu push him to the stairs, while Tommy and Grace where pulling him down.

Grace looked at him and said "as soon as you poke his head out, they will slaughter him"

"Better him than me" said Alex in respond.

"Its not fair" said the two who where fighting to pull Gibson down.

"SURVIVAL IS NOT FAIR" responded Alex.

"Alex, you are being seriously ridicoulus, LET GO OF HIM" said Grace.

"He saved our lives. ." Said Tommy.

"And he is about yo do it again" said a man rushing to him.

Grace in desesperation shouted "TOUT LE MONDE CESSE D'ÊTRE DES ASSHOLES ET LAISSEZ LUI SEUL, IL N'A PAS FAIT RIEN DE MAL"

"AND WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN"

"Oh sorry.....I said WILL YOU ALL STOP BEING ASSHOLES AND LET HIM ALONE, HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG!"

"Grace is correct"

Alex rushed at Tommy and grabbed him by the shirt as he said "someone is got to get off, so the rest of us could live, DO YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER?!"

"fuck ,no....Im going home"

And if this is the price?"

Grace that was hearing all the conversation said "we can live with it, but is wrong"

Alex now pushed the girl to the staircase, and said "well, nobody called you here" the girl started to feel suffocated as the water started to rise up. She saw how Tommy trked to make the man get off her, in a desperation Grace looked at the man and punched him in the face.

No one seemed to notice this, bexause they where all trying to get Gibson out of the boat.
As more water entered someone screamed "We need to cover the holes!"

They all runned to cover the holes, some people started leaving the boat. Only Tommy, Alex, Gibson and Grace where in.

Grace looked and saw that Alex wasnt there anymore, Tommy yold her that they should leave, as Grace agreed and told Gibson.

The boat was now fulled of water, Tommy was already out, they almost could leave the boat. But the water was pushing them down making them not reach the staircase, will they get out? Maybe someone will remember about them, maybe not, maybe they where only thinking about saving theirselves.

_________________________

I finished school!!! A long time ago.....I had forgotten I had Wattpad💀💀.

The chapter took me 2 days...... I had to see this scene like 4 times to have an idea of what to do🤠.