chapter eight

(art by _zumiso_ // twitter)

You figured out the situation pretty quickly and followed after Suna, you found him behind the gym with just a normal cigarette in his hand, now that the match was over it should be fine. When he saw you he grabbed your face laying his forehead on yours, smoke blowing out of his nose from his most recent hit. You held onto his hands, you both stood there for a moment.

"I'm not going anywhere". You gave him a reassuring smile, he returned it.

"I caught my ex cheating on me, which you already know is Mizuki since you went through my phone" You instantly cringed at his words.

WHAAT? HOW DID HE KNOW-

He looked back at you with a grin on his face, "If you're wondering how I know, I didn't, It was just a hunch but your face right now says it all", your cheeks grew warm. His tone was light and sweet, but it didn't last long.

"Anyway, I caught those two in Kuroo's car one night. I didn't say anything and they hadn't seen me, so I just walked away. My mom had health problems had the time, she quickly got addicted to her prescriptions and later on used harsher drugs. I had to take care of my mom but Mizuki saw it as a pain, that I didn't spend enough time with my girlfriend. When I finally turned 16 I was allowed to send her in a rehab home for her own good, and now I live here, with my dad. I tried to get her to stop so hard. I started smoking after that, I don't really care for it, I just wanted to see why it was so good that someone would choose that over their own son."

"Anyway" He turned around with a soft forced smile, you wanted to cry for him.

You tried to say something but physically couldn't, you didn't know what to say. Instead you hugged him, your face laid on his chest, he held you close with one hand and ran his fingers through your hair.

"I uh, know a place we can go, there's a public pool nearby if you want?" You looked up at him to see wether he would mean is answer or not.

"I'd really like that"

The two of you stayed in the same position for a while and then went on your way.

10 minutes later in front of the gated pool

You and Suna stood there at the front of the gate that had a sign saying :

KEEP OUT :
Deep cleaning process finished, wait a few days for reopening.

Suna and you quickly glanced and each other cluelessly.

"Y/n, I know I can get over the fence by myself but you- well- you're going to need help"

The fence was easily around 5'8 ft.

"So what are you suggesting?"

*fastforward 5 minutes*

Unhappy with the situation, you were now sitting on Suna's shoulders. You had insisted on you just standing on his knee to help you climb it but you kept losing your balance, so now you're here, sitting in his shoulders. He carried you no problem but you were 'annoyed'.

"Hey I'm not the clumsy one I'm helping you out". You grabbed on to the fence and shifted on foot over it, your other foot hanging on the other side completely off Suna now.

(The gate isn't brick by the way, it's the 'bar' ones that you can see past)

"I DID IT", you jumped off the fence completely caught in the moment, forgetting your leg was still on the other side. You somewhat face planted onto the grass.

Suna stood there worried but also trying not to laugh.

"I'm FINE thanks for asking". The soil was soft but it still hurt, you knew it'd go away so you didn't make a fuss about it. At this point Suna burst out laughing throwing his head, you got embarrassed quickly but seeing him laugh like this made you happy like nothing else.

"Are you coming?" You were able to stand up.

"You know I could technically just leave you here" He started walking towards the entrance, and opened the gate. "But I won't" He smirked as you looked at him dumbfounded. "It wasn't locked"

"WHAT? YOU JER-" Suna took off his shirt in the middle of your sentence, (he was wearing his volleyball uniform), leaving you flustered and stuttering. He looked at you for a second and proceeded to take He ran up and jumped in the pool, in the very deep end. A few seconds later he came back up to the surface and slicked his wet hair back.

"So are you coming or what?"

(hey y'all, can you guys let me know about how many chapters you want? because i was thinking of something really cool and interesting but my story would be about 15/20 chapters and i'm not sure if you guys would stay interested or want to read that much, lmk)