Chapter 7

SEXY

He talked about our neighbourhood. This was an exclusive subdivision with tight security so you could walk around safely. Our neighbours were all good and kind. And to my horror, Megan's house was just a little bit further up from my house.

"Megan's father, Daddy Miguelito is my godfather. That's why we are close."

"Oh.." that was all I could muster. I still didn't feel good about her.

"Why don't you try and be friends with her too? She's a bit crazy but you can manage. She's a good girl and bubbly-"

I pulled my hand out of his grasp.

My heart was twitching in pain with every compliment he was saying.

Couldn't we talked about something else? I was with him and yet he was talking about how great she was. Some girl I hated so much.

He stopped then looked at me with wide eyes. He bit his lip and scratched his head.

"Sorry.." he whispered.

"I just thought maybe you need some friends.."

"I don't need one. I don't even know how long we'll stay here." I snapped.

"Damn. I did it again didn't I? I made you upset again?"

I furrowed my brows and looked away. I walked faster but he caught up with me.

"Just tell me where your house is so you can show me around then I'll leave you alone with your Megan." I bit my lip hard. I sounded so bitter. I wanted to cringe.

"Hey.. she's like my sister. I swear."

I stopped then put my hands on my waist.
He stopped too. His stance was uneasy. If it was a different situation, I might pinch his cheeks and kiss it. But it was not!

"I don't care. Just don't talk to me about any another girl! If you're too bored while you're with me, then tell me straight. I'll leave you alone!" My body was shaking with rage.

Maybe I just have to stop this stupidity and leave him alone. He was too hang up on his Megan anyway.

I headed back to my street and ran fast. My chest was constricting in pain. I was really angry. I rushed back to our gate and before I could open it wide, a hand slammed it back. I stiffened and snapped my head towards Bryce. I was about to tell him off but I saw his dark aura.

I suddenly felt scared. He was different from what he was a while ago..

"We need to talk baby."

"There's nothing to talk about! Go to wherever Megan is! Stop pestering me!" I shot back.

He let go of our gate and massaged his temple. Like he was having hard time. If he was having a hard time talking to me then he was free to go!

I used that opportunity to open the gate but he slammed it back again. And this time harder.

"If I can't talk to you in a gentle way, then maybe I'll use force hmm?" I parted my lips in surprise. The angel I saw few minutes ago was nowhere now.

He grabbed my hand and walked fast. He was leading the way while pulling me.

I was so confused, a little scared and excited at the same time. I think I was going crazy.

I didn't try to pull my hand back because I knew when I needed to keep quiet.

He stopped at the big gate and pressed something on the keypad on the side and the gate opened.