Chapter 10

AROUSED

After our tour around the school, Bryce got a call from Mrs Corpuz. I needed to take my acceleration test now so before lunch, I could go to my class. Bryce bid his goodbye after he dropped me off outside the room and made me promise to call him once I get the result. I did my test as best as I could and now, I was just waiting for the result.

I was pacing again like what happened the last time. Then when I felt like my guts are twisting, I heaved a sigh and tried my best to relax. When my phone vibrated , I took it out to check who it was. Silly me, I already forgot that Bryce was the only number saved on my phone.

The call has ended before I could answer it. When I was about to return the call, Bryce's name flashed on my screen again. I looked at the time and saw it was already our lunch break.

I swiped the screen to take the call.

"Joi, is everything okay?" Bryce worried voice greeted me. I pursed my lips to stop my smile.

"I'm fine." I answered in soft voice. I could feel a different kind of happiness in my chest. And it was like going to burst any moment.

"I bought some lunch for us. I'll be there in two minutes. I'll ask Mrs. Corpuz to let you go for a break." His tone was serious. I felt my heart beat fast. I really like what I was feeling.

I said okay then ended the call. I wasn't really a good conversationalist.

I sat primly on the chair and waited for him. The adjoining door opened and Mrs. Corpuz came out with my test papers in her hand.

"I'll be really happy to be your teacher Miss Cruz." she said while smiling.

I stood up and came near her.

"You're officially now on my class. Congratulations."

My heart beat fast. I smiled at her and nodded. I was so excited. Finally, I would be away from Megan and I could also get nearer to Bryce. Speaking of Bryce.. I thought for a moment.

"And Bryce's here to pick you up. He'll accompany you to our homeroom and good luck." She tapped my shoulder and headed out. I followed her retreating back and found Bryce inside the faculty room talking to some teachers.

When Mrs Corpuz went inside, Bryce's eyes turned to me and didn't withdrew his gaze.

The male teachers he was talking to noticed it and looked in my way. They laughed, tapped Bryce's shoulder and walked back to their desks while shaking their heads.

My eyes lowered on Bryce's lean and a bit muscular body. My cheeks heated up when something crossed my mind.

I slowly looked away to hide my flushed cheeks.

I didn't know that I could feel something like this. My attraction towards him seemed deeper than I thought. He was awakening this uncomfortable feeling inside me. I find him hot and sexy.

I swallowed hard when his gorgeous serious eyes greeted me. We were just few meters away.

"I'm in Grade nine now." I whispered.

"Good. We'll see each other more then." He said then flashed his sexy smile.

"Let's get going. I have our lunch. I'm not sure which food you like though." I nodded. I like anything that he would buy for me.

He pulled me out of the room and we walked quietly down the stairs to the back of the library where we were this morning.

There I found paper bags of take out food from a popular fast food chain and two bottled water. I felt my tummy grumbled by the smell when it assaulted my nostril.