Chapter 32

Jimin

He rubbed his forehead as discreetly as possible, intensely aware of the thousands of eyes and camera lenses on him.
He was physically very worn out and to make things even worse he had developed a terrible headache.
And they hadn't even performed yet.

He was currently sitting through the Genie Awards.
Almost four months had passed since he had gone on his first date with Jeongyeon.
After that he had been incredibly busy, touring the world with the rest of bandmates for their concert series.

He had kept in touch with Jeongyeon purely through calls and texts during those months.
He had been worried that the distance would put a dent on their relationship since they had literally only been on one single date.
However he had been pleasantly surprised to see when he had met her again two weeks prior , that nothing had changed.
She had seemed very happy to see him, although they hadn't gotten to spend as much time together as he would've liked.

His eyes wondered again to her.
She was sitting just a few feet away, on the same row as him.
She sat rigidly, pointedly looking away from him.
He quickly turned his head forwards again.

"Someone's probably gonna zoom in on our faces and make some cringey ass video" he thought irritably.

As the next performance was about to start a well-known man came and sat down next to Namjoon.

Charlie Puth.

Jungkook's dream collaboration.
He had been wanting to either record a song or do some sort of project together.

A few weeks prior, Puth's agent had reached out to inform them that he was interested in a collab performance.
So they had thought...why not an award show?
The Genie Awards was descending in popularity and definitely not the biggest end of the year show that they had.
The perfect opportunity to take a risk.
Which other shows like MAMA and MMA would not have allowed.

They had practised Fake Love together.
Jungkook would be performing Charlie Puth's song 'We Don't Talk Anymore " with him.

Jimin heard Namjoon's fake laugh as Puth leaned over and whispered something in his year.

He snickered.

Most of them had pretty moderate opinions on the global superstar.
The language barrier was certainly getting in the way of them actually communicating, except for Namjoon.
Jungkook was of course over the moon about the collaboration.

Taehyung however seemed to dislike him a little, although he didn't show it in front of Jungkook.
Through the years Taehyung had gone through a lot and in the process had developed a sort of defense mechanism when it came to forming relationships.
It was like a screening process and anyone who didn't pass his vibe check failed to gain his friendship.
Jimin had to admit Taehyung had quite the talent for picking out the undesirable.

In between various acts, several awards were presented as well.
Each time he stood up to congratulate any passing winners, he would automatically make eye contact with Jeongyeon. However both of them were careful not to show any reaction.

A few more performances later they left their seats to prepare for their own performances.
He cleared his throat on the way. It felt itchy.

'Great. Could this day get any better?'

He really hoped this wouldn't affect his performance but at the back of his head he had a nagging fear that it would.

Jeongyeon 

She hurried behind Jihyo, trying not to trip in the dark.
They had just ended their performance and were walking off the pitch black stage to make way for the next artists in line.