Responsibility

It's already been a week since we were assigned to the blackboard project. So...

"I'm telling you we need something cool and bright to motivate them!" 

Why isn't she focusing on the design?

"Aghhh. Akira. The blackboard is one of the most important things in the classroom, we put flyers and motivational quotes there to motivate students like you to study. Not to promote anime." I covered my face with my palm as she stared at me.

"See this is why I hate you. Why is it okay to put up boring science quotes like
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." by Issac Newton. But it's not okay to put up simple devoting ones like-"

"Akira wait,"

"Sometimes you must hurt in order to know,fall in order to grow,lose in order to gain,because life's greatest lessons are learned through pain" by Nagato hashtag Pain?!  One of the greatest villain of all times?!?" 

"First of all, it's Issac Asimov,not Newton. Second, we're not heading to a battlefield. And third, learning doesn't hurt you." I raised a brow at her and gestured her to draw something that wasn't red clouds on a black background.

"You really lack life in you." 

"Well that's because I'm going to gain it after school."

"I seriously hate you."

"Thanks." 

------

The class bell rang and we scattered to our seats, for real why must I sit next to her? I took notes of his lecture there were some points I find confusing so I made a star next to it,so I can check it when I get home. I think I have to go back early today. I have to get ready for the sukiyaki dinner too. Guess I'll be sleeping at 11 tonight.

"Sora,Akira. Come to the office after school. And enjoy your break class." The teacher announced. It'd be fine if he called me. I'm capable of handling it myself.

"Hey Shitra check this out!" Akira came over to my desk and showed me her phone screen.

"What is it Dumbkira-"

No way.

"I guess he's coming back earlier than expected..." 

I seriously don't want to deal with this shit.

"Akira." I stood up and ran,pulling her hand. We know where this is going. So before we add fuel to the flame. Before all those horrid histories repeat...

I have to protect her.

"Oi don't run in the hallway!"

"Hahaha! Sora slow down! Come, I know a place."  Akira reeled me of and changed the course, her long black hair came undone, she always liked loose ponytails, she pulled me to a gym, of course it was crowded since it's lunch, but of all place the gym? 

"So this is the place?" I asked ironically.

"Shhh! It's up here." We climbed the stairs, leading to the second floor of the gym, strange. It was empty. 

"Don't tell me you've already found a place to skip during a week." I sighed. She's hopeless.

"Shut up. I like spending some alone time okay?" Akira pouted. I chuckled a bit. She's not cute at all.

People would shine brightly when they talk about the things they like. Akira barely has things she disliked...But now, Akira no longer has that aura. I don't like that.

"Tonight after dinner..." I placed my hand over my head.

"I know...but I feel like I'm always running away from him. Even nii-san can face him...so why can't I?" She asked as she rolled herself into a small lump. Always trying to put up a strong act will tire you one day. And I can tell, clearly I can tell.

That's she's beyond tired. 

"Your brother is a boy, he can handle what that person does."

"But everytime h-he comes h-home...." Akira was shaking. I seriously don't like this shit.

"Yeah, I know."  I stroked her head and gestured her to lean on me. You can depend on me Akira. Because no matter how dumb, hopeless and shitty you are. You look best when you smile.

"Geez,stop whining dumbass, Haru-nii is making your favorite sukiyaki tonight s-so...af-after that..." 

"Damnnit!" She bounced her head on my stomach. It hurts you shitty little brat!

"I really hate being comforted." 

I know.

"Especially when it's you!"

I know.

"Pfft. Hahaha! You don't have a choice do you dumbass?"

"I guess I don't." she finally chuckled. 

Just as I was about to get up, she pulled my sleeve and glanced the other way. 

"Sora..." 

Yeah...

"I know, dumbass." Your hand is still small just like that time. But somehow, it's fitting perfectly in mine.

------

'Akira?! AKIRRAAAAA!'

'I'm...sorry...'

I know...

'This is my last favor okay?'

I know that..

'Sora! When we get older...'

That no one except me can keep her safe.

Nii-san-Big brother
Haru-nii - Big Brother Haru