Something Unknown

"Oof. You're finally awake." I felt something cold pressing my face.

"You look better when you sleep instead of going around and blabbering formulas." The girl kept speaking. And there's only one girl who speaks to me like that.

Tsumu Akira.

I tried to sit up but she pushed me down on the bed and demanded.

"Rest for a while. You've been out for hours. It's already 3 in the afternoon." Akira placed her hand on my forehead. Forehead...right! I didn't waste time and immediately sat up and examined her forehead.

"Huuuh?! Who's the fucking dumbass that needs rest? You're all covered up with bandages!" It must've hurt,just thinking how she took the impact of the bottle disorientates me. Why the hell would she go there?

"But I'm fine though? I even tried to finish the math homework..."

"You definitely hit your head somewhere,let me see." I towered over her and patted her head as soft as I could.  Normally, I'd hit it and mess her hair. But now it reminds me of so many things I wish I never experienced. 

"Shut up shitty Sora. I said I'm fine. Plus nii-san took care of..." She nudged my stomach and pouted.

"That hurts flatass." I sat back down in bed. Letting out a heavy sigh, half of me felt relief but the other half was piled up frustration,guilt and anger. If I ran in faster then she wouldn't have taken the blow. If I only took action earlier than she wouldn't have to reopen her wounds again. 

If only I could be better. Than she wouldn't have the bandages on her head. 

"You know Sora," She got up from the chair and walked to the window,the normal scene I would use to see every morning from my own room is gonna be different now.

"Thank you." She turned my way and laughed. Right at that moment I felt something unknown wash over me. The irritation I felt was now gone. 

"You've always stuck with me when I went through shit. Even though I'm not worth it all. You stayed by me. "

You were worth it all.

"If it's hard for the boy to smile. Then I think he just needs someone to smile with him." She skipped to the bed and sat down on the side.

"Arigatou Sora!" She thanked again. 

"Pull shit like that again and I won't come for you." Why am I looking away?! It's not like I've never seen her!

"Nope!"

"I know,that Sora will always be with me." Seeing her side profile wasn't something new. But at that very moment,it was different. Her long black hair was emitting a brown wave of smoothness. The white,pale bandages seems to have prevented me from see her eyes that were gazing at the horizon. 

For some reason,I always find myself searching for you...even if it means you're right here...

"Akira." She faced towards me and raised a brow.

So that means my time with you is over?

"So what now?"

But I don't want to...

"Hmm,right. School,maybe? You haven't finished your homework. And the injury on your cheek looks painful. I'll write a permission for leave so you can rest on Monday." 

I let out a small chuckle.

"Wh-what's there to laugh?" 

Right...

"Nothing. Pfft hahah!"

Akira...

"Oi shithead! Why are you laughing?!"

Is not that type of girl.

---------

Finally after setting the table with food I went out to get Haru-nii. He must be exhausted from being questioned by the police. The door opened revealing a policeman who smiled and nodded at me. I nodded back. Guess that was his invitation for me to be questioned next.

"Haru-nii, I made lunch, well more like dinner." I greeted as I entered I house. He was sitting on the couch with his hands over his head.

"Yo...Sora." he sighed and nodded. He then got up and slapped the couch.

"Sure! I haven't had a nice meal in ages." He patted my shoulder and exited. 

It really must've been hard for them. 

He closed the door,that was it. No questions asked. No word came out of Haru-nii as we sat down the dinner table. It was awkward. But it was a nice type of awkward.

After dinner,Haru-nii volunteered to wash the dishes. Akira went upstairs when she said she wanted to stay here longer. Well,I can agree to that Akira but...

TAKE CARE OF YOUR BROTHER WITH THIS MENACING AURA!!

I didn't do anything to her,right? Then why does he looks like he's gonna crash that plate onto my head any moment?! 

"H-ha-haru-nii..." 

"What?"

I guess this is the line for me. Sayonara, mom and dad, not that I really care but sayonara. Oh farewell to all those hours of glorious studying and prepping for my career. Those beautiful moments of my childhood with Akira and Haru-nii. I bid you goodbye.

"..it's fine..." 

"E-eh?"

"Ughhh! Like I said!! If it's you then it's fine!" He scratched his head and stomped upstairs.

Huhhhhhhh?!?

Haru-nii - Big brother Haru
Sayonara- Goodbye/Farewell