Rival

How in the hell...

"Hey Pancake~" 

Did this guy get here? 

"Ahahaha, I've told you many times Atsushi-kun. I'm not interested in you..." Akira backed off from that delinquent's gaze. I smacked my book on his head and pulled her away. 

"That's right you heard her now back the fuck off fem boy." He gave a grin. 

"Haa? What? You guys are dating? Oh and pancake,you can me by my first name,it's Tora." And I hate the fact that he's on point! How did he find out? It's almost been a year but no one has.

"So? That's none of your business.And shut up with the "pancake,pancake" shit,she doesn't like it, you creepy twit." If the class finds out,it'll be troublesome,both Akira and me will have to talk out with the teachers and at worse,we might have to call in our parents. But that's for me,for Akira, there's no way I'll let her face that. 

"Hmm~ I think it is? Seeing Pancake's reaction tells me otherwise? Welp,I'll visit you in club, pancake-chan." he winked at her and left. 

If the law didn't exist, he's my first victim.

"Sora,you're killing your book." Gin jumped in and shrugged. I turned to Akira who was sheepishly smiling at me. I...really don't wanna trouble her. I patted her head and went out to get some fresh air. 

It was chilly outside,first-year...it's ending huh? I couldn't attend the summer festival due to my cold. I heard they did well with the preparations,but somehow,after that, Akira was barely looking at me. I sighed. There's something bothering her.

"You do know you're a nuisance right?"I thought I was alone. Well, I think it's time I call a teacher.

"Takahashi-kun is from another league! He's no match for you." Okay,guess I'll kill those girls instead. I stepped forward to see three girls ganging up on Akira. This is exactly why I didn't want others to know. Somehow,they found out. Then all I have to do is shut them up right?

"Hey." I'm not the strong,buff type like Gin.

"What are you doing to her?" Nor the carefree,easy-going type like that model.

"Sou-chan?" But I really,really hate it, when someone makes her cry.

"T-ta-takahashi-kun. You called him here didn't you?!" The girl in the middle shouted,I pulled her collar and slapped her in the face. My heart was burning with rage.

"I don't care if you're a girl,I don't care which class or which year are you from. But I do care," I stepped closer,making them take a step back, "is that when you hurt my girlfriend, I'll return the favor 100 times worse." 

Walking over to Akira,they didn't do anything,nor say anything. I took off my cardigan and enveloped her with it. So this is what's bothering her. How long...did she endure it?

"If you don't wanna get reported,I suggest you leave." These girls...are even dumber than a shrimp on land. 

"Sou-chan..." Report my ass, I'll make them suspended for a month. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" You're keeping secrets from me again. 

"I...I di-didn't wanna bother you...b-be-because you're al-already sitting for your m-math-"

"Hai hai, I get it..." I patted her head softly and hugged her. It must've been hard for her,keeping all this in...just for me...seriously...if she do this...I can't help but love her more.

"They're wrong Kira, you were never a nuisance and you'll never be." 

"S-shut up! I-i never questioned myself!" she wiped her tears and dug her way in my arms again,I slightly chuckled. The math examination, I've been caught up on it,I turned a blind eye to her again. Again...I've made her cry again...

"It's not important,the test I mean. Sure,if I get decent grades I can be recommended to a good university with a scholarship, but...."

"But..."

"You're more important dumbass." Right, I won't risk making her sad again. I want to be someone that you laugh along and have fun with,not someone who makes you cry. 

"Sou~channn!" She squeezed me tight. That's right...this little airhead...is more important.

-------

"So,I heard you raised a hand against a student,and a female to add." I knew it'd come down to this. That's exactly why she should be here in three,two.

Bam

One. 

"SENSEI! Let me explain!" She slammed the door open,I was one second late to counting.

-------

"I didn't think they'd get expelled...wh-what if they gang up on us and t-try to dispose us-" 

"Kira, the principal expelled them because,not only were they harassing you,but also other cases, they stole the school's properties,vandalized them and even laid a hand on seniors. Good thing they're gone." I sipped my orange juice,holding her hand. 

"Sou-chan." Akira stopped in her tracks, I glanced back to see her head down.

"Am I really worth-"

"Shut up. I ran after you under the rain to confirm my feelings about you,so have more confidence in us. Plus, you're worth the world. " It's strange,of how bold I'm becoming.

"A-and teach me a new song..."

"Oh right,I think you should quit the music club."

"Eh? Why?"

"Because I'm concerned about a certain pervert getting close to you."

"Pffft, Sou-chan that's cute!"

"S-sh-shut up!"

The cold,frosty winter was stabbing us with cruelty, but even so, I'm sure that the warmth in us, the warmth she gave me,will never freeze. But little did I know,winter had more storms coming at me.

Sensei -  Teacher
Chan - It is commonly used for children but is also widely used among female family members and close friends. Chan has a sense of cuteness and acquaintance, so it is also used towards pets and lovers.  
Kun - Informal version of "san" ,mostly used for males,such as boys or juniors. It is used by superiors to inferiors, by males of the same age and status to each other. It can be attached to both surnames and given names.