Lemonade

The rain was still pouring, the air was cool and calming. But why...why the hell is she avoiding my gaze?! Did I do something wrong? I did right? W-was it the kiss?! 

"D-d-do you know when i-it'll stop?" Akira asked, I shook my head. I should've watched the forecast last night. I hope there's a convenience store nearby. I searched through my phone to see if there any store,it was getting late. And Akira was getting cold. I didn't bring my jacket...

"Looks like there's a store two blocks from here. You stay here,I'll go buy some umbrellas so we can go home." I stuffed the phone in my wet pocket,I didn't wanna leave her. She doesn't like thunder,she hates the rain and she's shivering. Whether it was the cold or her fear, I hated to see her like that.

"Fine. Wanna go there together?" I smirked at her,slowly she turned her head and nodded. I reached for her hand,slowly she loosened it and accepted my fingers. I wrapped her hand,guiding her to exit the tunnel. 

The moment she did,I pulled her hand and started running, looking back at her,she covered one hand over her head but one,one hand was in mine. I ran and ran,trying to catch my breath in cold rain,we reached the store. 

"Ah,you can sit down if you want." the girl over the counter suggested.  I nodded and slightly pushed her to sit down, I went and bought some hot tea and two sets of bento. The lady warmed them up for me and I sat down with Akira. 

She's been quiet the whole time. I guess it was the kiss huh...

"T-then,what were you doing with Kurata-san?" Akira asked as she opened her plastic bento.

That's what she's worried about?!

"I wanted to find some resources and we bumped into each other,that's all." I twisted the cap open and drank some of the tea. 

"On Romeo and Juliet? Kurata-san was holding that book." 

Damn you Sora,of all books why that?!

"A-ah,well...I-i wanted to find out okay?!" I pouted and ate my meal. Akira giggled,somehow it felt like I've seldom hear her laugh.

"Thank god..." 

"Eh?" 

"I...was thinking to give up on you." She looked up and smiled.

"But I'm glad I didn't!" 

I guess it's fine now...

"Akira."I placed my chopsticks down,ready to repeat the line the thunder disturbed.

"Go out with me." 

Ahhhh,what is this jumpy heart rate? I can already feel my face burning up from this pressure. 

"You finally said it shithead." She pinched my nose,leaning forward with a laugh.

"What was that for?!"

"Do you know how long I waited?! Damn,you don't know how much...h-how h-ha-happy I'm...ri...ght...now..." She sniffed and wiped off her tears.

"Yeah...sorry to keep you waiting." I bent over and hugged her. Akira was shivering,she was crying,the rain was pouring with deafening silence. But this time,she wasn't alone. You always end up saving me,putting up a strong act. But you're also a human,a girl, a girl who's shaking from happiness in my arms. I held her close to me,the smell of her aloe vera shampoo filled my nose. 

This time, I'll never let go of you.

------

"So-ra." 

Ah shit...

"Listen here bud, I did tell you that it'd be fine if it was you. But I didn't tell you that you could take her on a date on a rainy day! A RAINY DAY!" 

Here we go again...

"What if something happens to my cute little sister huh?! HUH?!" Haru-nii was rocking my whole existence with his arms on my shoulders.

"I'm so-rry!  I won't do it again-"

"He also hugged me." Akira,for once please,please don't add fuel to the flame!

"Hugged? You...hugged her...? Haha, I guess you are brave in some ways." 

"Haru-nii, that was all so please stop staring at me like that-"

"Ehhhh,what about the kiss~?" 

Akira you flatass!

" Takahashi Sora, age 16 , cause of death, kissing my sister." Haru-nii was smiling. But his eyes were not.

"Ah- WHERE DID THAT CHAIR COME FROM?!" How can he lift a whole chair with no warning?! I ran out of the house,tracing back Akira was holding her brother back. I knew he loved his sister but who'd thought he'd be such a sis-con. 

"Nii-san! Calm down!!" 

"YOU LITTLE SHITTY BOYY!"

"I'M SORRRYYYY!" 

Well,at least, the warmth won't fade.

-------

"Hey,since we're dating. Why not we come up with nicknames?" Akira skipped on the side walk. 

"Our names are already short. Why make them shorter flatass?" I scoffed at her opinion.

"Shut up! I'm gonna call you Sou-chan from now on. Like it or not,only I can call you that."  She made a face that rarely pisses me off. But the thought that she made a nickname for me and I didn't pissed me off. 

"I never said you can call me that." I walked faster. Akira tried to catch up with my pace.

"Hey! That's un-" I turned back and slammed my palm on her head. Damn,she's short. I chuckled at her posture. 

"But," I removed my hand from her forehead and held her hand. "I'll call you Kira. So shut up and let's go to school." The warm summer breeze waving spring goodbye, her close laughter repeating in my ears and my hand overlapping hers. 

What do we call it? Right..

A bittersweet moment. 

Just like lemonade. 

San - A title of respect added to a name. It can be used with both male and female names, and with either surnames or given names. It can also be attached to the names of occupation and titles. 
Chan -  It is most commonly used for children but is also widely used among female family members and close friends. Chan has a sense of cuteness and acquaintance, so it is also used towards pets and lovers. 
Kira - Sparkle/Twinkle
Akira - Bright/Intelligent
Sora - Sky
Sou - It can mean a lot but here it means "adore"