CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Yeah, nice to see you too," I sighed, raising an eyebrow, and walking away from him.

"Hey, Ashton," Kyla flirted, batting her eyelashes.

I raised my eyebrow a little higher, and Xyren crinkled his nose. I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed the change in her voice.

"You don't mind if I borrow Chelsea for a minute, do you?" He asked, mischief twinkling in his eyes.

I shook my head internally, hoping Kyla would say no.

"Of course not, take your time," she answered and swayed into the house before I could pull her back.

"No, not you guys too," I whispered to Xyren and Jeff, but they ignored me and walked to the left lawn, leaving me awkwardly with Ashton.

It had been a while since I and Ashton had a proper conversation. Ever since the day at the pool, we hadn't really spoken. It was just the usual acknowledgement whenever we passed each other at the halls, and I had wanted to keep it that way.

Okay, maybe I didn't. But, at least I knew he could never fall in love with me.

I enjoyed the attention I was getting from everyone due to the rumor of Ashton being in love with me.

"So, nice house,"  I muttered, fiddling with my fingers, not knowing what to say.

"You have been here multiple times," He chuckled, his gaze fixed on me.

"Uh, I know but it looks so different with all the decorations an stuff," I said looking around, refusing to meet his eyes.

"There are no decorations, Chelsea. It's just the lights," He chuckled.

"Don't call me Chelsea," I muttered again.

My self-confidence literally drops to zero around him, and I find myself acting weirder than usual.

"Everyone calls you Chels. It sounds too common," He shrugged. "How about lolly," He added, stroking his chin.

"What?" I laughed. "How the hell do you get lolly from Chelsea," I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Well, I got it from lollipop. You are obsessed with that stuff," He crossed his arms, a small smile on his lips.

"No, I am not," I rolled my eye.

"Yes, you are. You take like five a day," He replied.

I shook my head and smiled softly. "Stalking me now, are you?" I smirk.

"It's not my fault you're everywhere and always with a lollipop," He said rolling his eyes making it obvious he was done arguing.

He raised my chin up with a finger, forcing me to stare at him. "Although, I can give you something better to suck on,' He drawls in a raspy voice, his eyes not leaving mine.

My eyes widened and I almost choked on my spit. "No, thanks," I crinkled my nose.

"Your loss," He chuckled.

Xyren came back and wrapped his hands around my shoulders.

"What are you guys talking about," he asked, handing me a cup of alcohol.

"The last time I drank didn't turn out well for me. So, no thanks," I declined, earning a chuckle from both of them.

"I miss the fun Chelsea, she was a lot cooler," Ashton smirked.

"If getting drunk and losing your memory is fun, then I don't want to be fun," I shook my head.

Xyren blew a raspberry and rolled his eyes.