CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Jamie had been banging on my door for the past thirty minutes. It was Monday morning, and I refused to go to school. Why should I go and subject myself to such embarrassment.

"You're going to have to leave your room sooner or later," Jamie shouted from behind the door.

I also refused to use my phone. I had more than ten missed calls from Ashton, there were times in which I had wanted to pick, but thankfully I stood my ground.

I was never going to talk to him again.

"I'm perfectly fine, here," I rolled my eyes though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Move. I just found the spare key," Aunt Maddie said, unlocking my room door.

Traitor.

Soon, Aunt Maddie, Jasmin, Lee, Jamie, Gray, and mum come pilling into my room.

"Well, you can force the horse to the river, but you can't force it to drink water," I say proudly, crossing my hands over my chest.

"Actually, you can put salt in the horse's hay which makes it thirsty then it has no choice but to drink the water," Gray replies, smirking.

I narrowed my eyes at him angrily.

"Well, I'm not a horse," I shot back.

"Why are we talking about horses here?" Lee asked, glancing between Gray and me.

"I have control over your credit card, honey. Now get dressed and go to school," Mom smiles sweetly.

But, her words were anything but sweet; it was a threat.

"That's not fair, I'd die if I go to school," I whined.

My mom rolled her eyes. "After a few days, I'm sure most people won't remember what happened."

"We are teenagers, of course, they would," Gray laughed.

"Your credit card is hanging on a thread, young man," Mom replied in a stern voice.

"Come on, Chels. I'll be there with you," Jamie persuaded, rubbing my back softly.

"Thank you. Now, I feel so much better," I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Can everyone leave, please? I don't want to go to school today," I cried wit a pout, staring at the faces gawking at me.

"Chelsea Harris," Mom placed her hands on her hips and gave me a stern look.

"Mom, please. You really can't comprehend how much humiliation I feel. I really can't go back to school today," I frowned, angry that no one understood me.

Stel made a fool of me on the internet, and the boy I liked didn't do anything about it. I felt stupid and couldn't bear to see either Stel or Ashton right now.

My mom sighed and nodded before finally ushering everyone out of my room.

"Lee, you can go to school. I'm going to stay with Chels," Jamie announced, sitting on my bed.

"I don't need a babysitter," I rolled my eyes.

"And I'm only here because I can't bear to deal with the peas in a pod right now," She said, laying on my bed and stretching out her arms.

"I don'rt even think I can go to school tomorrow," I sighed.

"Why are you making a big deal out of this?" Jamie asked, rolling her eyes.