CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"You mean Ashton asked you out, Ashton Roswell," Jamie smirked, leaning on the locker next to mine.

It was Monday morning and I was telling Jamie about Ashton. I spotted Lee coming towards us, his tiny house model in his hands.

"Why do you say it like that? You can think someone like him can't ask me out?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jamie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Come on, you know I didn't mean it like that. It's just that Ashton never asks a girl out. He didn't even ask Athena out, she asked him," She explained. "And dropped her fast just because of Stel."

Lee came up and balanced his model in one hand, while he and Jamie did their secret handshake.

"Are you sure that's what happened," He laughed.

"That's what everyone says," Jamie shrugged, applying a layer lip gloss to her already glossy lips.

"Maybe he didn't like her much then," I shrugged, shutting my locker, and heading for my next class.

"All I am saying is that if you really like him, then you should get Stel's good side," Jamie said, holding her hands up.

"She already hates my guts," I laughed.

Jamie and I had dance class next. Dancing was my biggest escape from reality. I enjoyed it and wanted to become a professional dancer, but I knew my mother would never let me.

She was one of those old fashioned mothers that think you need to be a doctor, an engineer, or a lawyer before you can make it in life.

She probably felt that way because of her childhood. My mother had studied theater arts in school.  She got married and couldn't practice what she studied because she got pregnant almost immediately.

When she and my dad had problems, she couldn't leave him because she had no way to fend for herself and my siblings. She had to stick with his cheating ass because that was the only way we could survive.

"What are you wearing for your date?" She asked me as we entered the girl's restroom to change into our dance clothes.

Jamie was a ballet major while I was better at hip hop.

"We are going bowling, I'll probably just wear a pair of jeans and a top," I shrugged, changing into my shorts.

"What type of jeans and top?" She asked, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "If you wear baggy jeans and a baggy shirt that's a no-no. But baggy jeans and fitted top, yes. And fitted jeans and a baggy top would also be amazing," She smiled and ran a hand through her hair.

I laughed and shook my head because I had no idea what she was talking about. What about Billie Eilish?

"You can help me pick out an outfit," I smiled, heading out of the restroom.

"No problem, I would get to meet that hot brother of yours again," She said winking playfully.

"Eww, Jamie," I laughed.

To be honest, I was a little bit nervous about the date with Ashton. I already had feelings for him and would be hurt if he didn't feel the same.

We enter the dance studio, and I dropped my bag on the floor near the door. I sat down with the rest of the group.

Our dance coach, Miss Yassie walked into the room a few moments later.

"I have good news for you all," She announced, clapping her hands, and the entire room fell silent, waiting for her to speak.