9. The Reason

"This is not a tatic to expose you, baby."

-ODESZA feat. Shy Girls, "All We Need"

///Aralon///

"Is this another cliff hanger?", asked Royce.

"Yep."

Royce checked his watch. "My show doesn't start for another three hours."

"Is this your last show of the tour?" I asked, changing the subject.

He nodded. "Almost. It started in July and its basically ending now, in September but I have a show in New York come November. Maybe I'll see you there?"

"Are you serious?"

"Couldnt hurt to ask.", he said with a smirk. "I just wanted to see if you actually cared about the tour. Don't think I don't know what you're doing. Changing the subject and all."

"What's the reasoning behind all this?"

"Behind what?"

"You bringing me down here. You wanting to know me. We barely know each other."

"Doña Francesca brought you down here. I told her to do whatever she wanted with the money.", he countered. "And I just wanted to get to know you a little better. I mean, isnt that the point when you don't know someone like that?"

There was still more to his reasoning that I wasn't getting. "And...?"

"And what?"

"I feel like you have some stories of your own to tell."

///Prince Royce///

As Aralon started me down intently, I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to give up my motives entirely just yet. "Well, it'd be nice to know someone's back story when you're trying to help them out."

She raised an eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I shrugged. "Whatever you want it to mean. Im just gonna say that I'm not trying to know about every little aspect of your personal life. You're not obligated to tell me anything...I just have a thing for back stories, that's all. Story's over."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

She folded her arms like a child who didn't get her way. She resembled one too. I meant that in the least creepy way possible. She had a baby face and her voice was light and soft. "You said yourself that you had another hour or two to yourself. That's more than enough time to tell a story."

"Ah, but not for you." I pulled out my phone and pulled up the site of a modeling agency. "I found this. A casting call. It looks like you have a go-see in about an hour."

She looked at me with an expression that said "Royce, I'm about to punch the dimples off of your face." "Who says?"

I tried to refrain from saying "I did". Why was I putting up with her again? "Your career does."

She sighed. The pouty look vanished from her face. "Where is it?"

"Miami."

There was that look again. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed it."

She thought I was a jerk, I could tell but I was probably the nicest jerk she'd ever met. I laughed. "I could send you the address."

"And give you my number? Its fine, just write it down."

"Slow your roll, girl. I meant via email."

"Just write it down." She repeated. "I'll get a cab."

"Why go broke in Miami when I could take you?"

"You'd still have to take a cab to get to your car.", she challenged.

"Yeah, but then at least it'd be my money. Besides, you could pay me back anyway."

She rolled her eyes once she understood where I was coming from. "You and that stupid story. I don't get it."

Trust me, I didn't get it either. I had no idea what was making me so curious. I shrugged. "You don't need to. But we should get going. I mean you don't wanna be late to your first shot at a modeling gig in almost a year."

"I'm paying.", she said bluntly, motioning to our plates.

I decided not to fight her on that before she didn't accept my offer. I honestly didnt want her to be late. This had to go well for her. After all, she may have acted like a spoiled brat at times but I knew Aralon wasn't used to getting her way.

///

short little update. i honestly meant to write one sentence so i didnt forget it and ended up writing all this because im sick af and have nothing better to do in a Friday night lmao.

so, please vote and comments bbys

love y'all