1. Fatalle

"Money is the reason we exist. So put on mascara and your party dress." - Lana Del Rey

                 ///

The girl frowned as she looked in the mirror. She was sure as hell that she looked good. Her jet black hair cascaded all the way down to the middle of her back, her gold cocktail dress was tight in all the right places, her makeup looked like a cross between an old hollywood -esque glamour and badass...but yet she was missing something.

She had an "ah-hah" type moment and her eyes trailed along the hotel bathroom counter to her makeup bag. She pulled out her tube of Chanel Rouge Fatalle lipstick and applied a coat to her lips, puckering slightly at her reflection.

There was a knock at the door and suddenly the girl was forced to snap out of her self-admiration.

She rolled her eyes and looked to the door. "Yes?", she asked expectantly.

"I suggest you get moving. We gotta go." Called Mia, her best and only friend, from the other side.

The girl sighed impatiently as she swung the door open. "And go out looking like crap?"

"You look like Barbie and a mermaid had a baby.", said Mia. "If you look like crap, I wanna know what I look like."

The girl's mood suddenly changed as she smiled with satisfaction at her best friends words and grabbed her things. "In that case...we should get going.", she reasoned. "I missed a go-see today I cannot afford to be late for this."  She made sure she emphasized the importance of the event.

Her friend nodded quickly in agreement as they left their hotel room and made their way to the car.

Her name was Aralon Fernandez and she was what she considered a rising star, a fresh face, if you will. She was a model, despite only standing at 5"2, and had dreams of making it big, scratch that, bigger. She had what the photographers called an exotic look. A photogenic princess, some called her, which only helped to inflate her giant ego more than necessary...as if it were possible to boost it anymore.

And even though people raved on and on about her beauty, she could never hold a job, and she didn't know why. Of course everyone else did. She was a brat. A diva. A drama queen. A royal bitch, one could say, if they wanted to be as blunt as possible. But of course, she was oblivious to all of that. It was her world, we were just living in it.

Mia had a habit of snapping her out of her sequences of daydreaming because it was setting she had to do often. Aralon always seemed to be in her own little happy place. But now was the time to bring her back down to earth as she pulled up in front of the nightclub where the music could even be heard blaring from the outside.

"So this is where the party's at?", asked Mia, putting her car into park.

"Opportunity.", Aralon said, correcting her.

"What?"

"Its not just a party, Mia. Its an opportunity. Do you know how many scouts and bigshots are gonna be here. This could be my big chance."

"You aren't even supposed to be here.", Mia pointed out, still confused as to why her best friend got all dolled up for a party that she wasn't even invited to.

Aralon gave her a look as if to say "you wouldn't understand". "I was born to be here.", she stated.

Oh well. Mia gave a slight shrug. "If you say so. Good luck. Be sure to call me if you get too drunk or something."

Aralon rolled her eyes as she got out the car. Mia usually didn't take things very seriously. The car engine started back up and Mia sped off to go do...well, whatever she did when you took the traditional college route. Cram for tests? Binge eat ramen noodles? She wasn't all to sure but she did know she was glad that wasn't her.

She strutted toward the entrance of the club, where security was waiting, as she anticipated.

The security guard glanced down at her with a bored expression. "Name, please?" , he asked monotonously.

He obviously wasn't in the mood for peoples shit today, but that wasn't going to stop her. For the recognition, for the money, she thought to herself. "Aralon Fernandez.", she stated with a bubblegum sweet smile.

"ID?"

She handed it over confidently, knowing it wouldn't present a problem, with her being 23.  The guard scanned her card, her face, then her card again before handing it back to her.

He didn't say anything else as he flipped through the pages of the guest list and ran down the list of names with the end of his pen.

He raised an eyebrow before turning back to her. "Not on the list, hun. Step aside."

She gave a slight pout. "You're sure?"

He nodded. "Positive and I'm not checking again. Now move it along."

She sighed dramatically. "And there's nothing you can do?", she pressed on.

"Quit the act, Princess. I'm used to it."

She crossed her arms as she tried to come up with a solution. She couldn't charm him, much to her surprise, but...

She pulled out her wallet. "How much do you want then? Twenty?"

"I'm not gonna let you bribe me with twenty bucks."

"Fourty", offered Aralon, raising the offer.

The guard was silent, but he eyed the cash in her hands.

"Sixty?"

The guard sighed as he grudgingly took the money, shoved it in his pocket and let her through. "Just dont do anything stupid, kid."

She gave a dazzling smile as she made her way to where she belonged. 

And she triumphantly made her way into the club where she was greeted by the smell of alcohol and success.

-///-

so, new story. what do y'all think so far ? love it? hate it ? prediction. whatever it is, drop it in the comments please.

love y'all. see ya in december or maybe even 2015 just thought I'd leave this little snippet for y'all.