14. Stay In Touch?

"Her love's so quick sometimes, just blink and you might miss it if you close your eyes..."

-Majid Jordan, "Her"

///Aralon///

"How was it? I mean, any job where your first task to go to the beach sounds like a keeper to me.", asked Royce.

"Sandy. Like there's sand everywhere."

He laughed a little before starting up his car. "And that is why I don't go to the beach."

"This is only my second or third time ever going to one, believe it or not."

"Really? Why's that?"

"Bad experiences. Well, once when I was, like, five I fell off a rock or something and almost drowned."

"Was it a New York beach?" he asked in an amused tone.

"Well, yeah. Why?"

He laughed again. "That explains it all. You can't compare a New York beach to a Miami one. First of all, in New York the sand is filled with tons of crap and those giant boulder lookin' things and don't even get me started on the water-"

"Are you trying to come for my home state?", I questioned, semi-defensively.

"My home state too, don't forget.", he replied. "But hey, in all honestly, how was the shoot? Aside from the sand."

I sighed. "Scary. I wasn't as prepared for this as I thought I'd be."

"I'm guessing it wasn't the same kind of scary as falling off a rock and almost drowning, huh?"

I shook my head. "No...it's just I guess I was just used to auditioning for commercialized and low budget music videos. This is different."

"You saying Darte Un Beso was low budget?", he asked jokingly. He was good at lightening the mood. "I kid, I kid. But I understand, this is more, ummm, what's the word for it? Editorial? Yeah, editorial."

"Yeah, like that."

"I feel you. I went from playing in clubs to huge stadiums, it can be a shock. Change can be really challenging sometimes. That doesn't mean you're giving up though, does it?"

"No of course not..." My heart sunk. "And there's this other thing..."

"What? Is it bad?"

"Well, depending on how you look at it..."

If there's a pro and con for each side of a situation then look at the positive side." He had a good point.