Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Candy Taylor

It took another hour before they arrived at the address they had been given. She was surprised when she looked at the missing gate, it was glaring obvious when she looked at the high fence, dark grey in colour.

  Looking closely at the damage, it looked like someone had kicked it in, she had never seen it done on a larger scale, but she seen office that been broken into by the same method. Ignoring the gates, she looked in front of her, the driveway was intact, along with the manor in the middle of the plot of land. At least she guessed it was the middle, she didn't know how large the backyard was.

  Looking at it, it was obvious why her parents wanted to buy this property, the house could be designed if the inside was bad, but the outside was like a gem, one hidden from public view.

  The lawn was looked after, the grass was healthy, but the gardens were beautifully arranged. There were a number of flowers and plants, some she could have sworn should have been out of season, seeing that they were in autumn.

  "At least it's not a dump," Ivan muttered when Lillie parked next to an beaten up mini-bus. Something that had seen better days, if he had to guess, in the 60's at the latest. Lillie didn't know what was going through his mind, but she didn't know if she wanted to know what he thought.

  "Respect Ivan, we're here for business," Lillie told him, putting her hand on the red paint of her car. "We're here one mother and father's behalf. So remember your manners."

  Ivan only rolled his eyes at her, before putting his headphones pack into his bag, along with his book. He wasn't a child, he knew how to act on business, even if he didn't like wearing suits, he still wore one.

  Lillie didn't wait for him to follow, but when she walked up to the large oak door, she looked at the shark-shaped brass knocker with large eyes.

  "Don't worry, Yoselin," he told her, he didn't use his sister's middle name, unless he was trying to calm her down. "I'll behave."

  "That's all I can ask," she told him, fixing her dark hair before knocking on the door. She had been lucky enough that she had gotten their mother's straight hair, while Ivan had their father's curls. "Thank you."

  While she knew it would be a long drive, Mr Kaiser had wanted to talk to them the moment they arrived, since she wasn't sure if her father had arranged somewhere for them to stay, if they couldn't stay with Mr Kaiser.

  When the large oak door opened, they were greeted by a large smile, that belonged to a teenager girl with short pink hair and baby blue eyes.

  "Hello, welcome to Kaiser Manor," she said a slight curiosity coloured her tone. "How may I help you?"

  "It's lovely to meet you," Lillie told her a smile on her face, she hadn't know that Mr Kaiser had children, or that a teenager would be answering the door. "I'm Lillie McKnight and I'm here to speak to Mr Kaiser. May I ask where he is?"

  "Oh, I see," she said a smile on her face. Her voice was innocent and her face pleasant, but Lillie got the feeling that neither she nor her brother were wanted. "You're the rich bastards that want to steal our house. Papa said you were going to be here today, I guess you want to come in?"

  Lillie only nodded as the girl opened the door, allowing them to entire the foyer, if she had thought the garden was a gem, then the house was better then gold. Through they would have to replace the door with something lighter, since she could barely close the thing.

  The stairwell was made from a dark cherry wood, while the stained windows were in one piece, along with the chandeliers, but she found to be more important, was that the place was huge. She could see it being turned into a elegant hotel, with a bit of detraction and modification. It would be an easy fix, her mother's less favourite, but her father's dream.