Chapter Twenty-Eight- Staying at Kaiser Manor

“Father what are you talking about?” Lillie asked her dad, they were in one of the common rooms. Own and Janelle were sitting across from their two children “Jocelyn, Ava I know you’re listening. Go back to your rooms!”

“Yes, mum,” Jocelyn and Ava shouted before the red head teleported them into the security room, they were glad that Ivan didn’t tell her about that.

“What your means is… your fired,” Janelle told her a smile on her face. Lillie just looked at them before her brain caught up with what was going on.

“Fired? What did I do?”

“Nothing, Lillie, you did nothing,”

“Then why am I fired?” Lillie asked. She was trying not to sound and look like a brat, but she just lost her job and she didn’t see it coming! What made it worse, it was her own parents that fired her. She didn’t want Gianni to pick up three jobs, just because she didn’t have one.

“Hear us out,” Janelle told them “You’ve done great work for the Corporation, but we’ve seen that you’re happier here. And Ivan is the same.”

“Ivan, for your university. I was hoping that you were looking at one of the ones they have at Shae,” Owen said with a slight smile on his face.

“I already have,” Ivan told him “What’s the point?”

“Another thing I wanted to tell you,” he told them, his children looking at him “This house. We’re no longer looking to buy it. The owner of the second property sold it to us,”

“So we’ve been here for months?” Lillie asked with wide eyes “Only to come out with empty hands? Only with wasted time?”

“Oh Lillie, dear, it’s not a waste,” Janelle giggled “Gianni is a lovely man and I know you like him, you have that look in your eyes, it’s even clearer than when you were with Bennett. We know you like your work, but you’re needed here more,” 

“You want us to stay?”

“We can’t buy this place and leave my grandchildren without a home,” Janelle said putting her hands over her mouth “And we can’t take away the people, they’ve come to need to the most. The people you’ve come to need the most,”

“I’m staying too?” Ivan asked his mum.

“Of course, you’ve got friends,”

“Still don’t see why I’m fried,” Lille said while looking at the couch she was sitting on. The plan colour of the fabric calmed her down… slightly.

“It’s not like you can come to meetings and back here for dinner,” Owen told her if a frown on her face. Ivan just looked at his father, a smile on his face.

“You have no idea, how much everyone likes Lillie’s cooking,” he told him the smile getting bigger “If any can figure out a way for Lillie to keep her job, it’s these guys. While they think of a permeant solution, Jocelyn could just teleport the two of them there and back,”

“I didn’t think the dear would teleport that far,” Janelle told him “Are you sure she could teleport two people to the city and then back?”

“She can teleport anywhere… as long as there’s power, she once took me to Spain,” Lillie told them “There’s was something she wanted to get. There was also something I needed so we went,”

“That’s explains the lovely hotel we have in Spain,”

“Also Jocelyn can teleport other people,” Ivan told them a slight blush on his face “She’s had to teleport me a few times, when Aron was in his dog form and not looking where he was going,”

Janelle smiled as she pulled her children into a hug, before looking at her husband “Let her continue with her work. Soon we might have some new employees and Lillie would be needed,”

“Of course, if they do well in their courses,” Owen told her “We won’t have people, who don’t do their best,”

“I’m glad to see your both happy,” she told them “And Owen, dear, don’t be too hard on them. Or you might be on the couch,”

“Lillie… I need to tell you something,” Ivan said while looking at his older sister. Since they were staying, he would tell his sister what Arianna wanted him to tell her.

--

When they finally came to the living room. Gianni and everyone else was wrapped in blankets, all of them looked nervous. Owen out on his put serious face as he looked at Gianni.

“I’m going to have to withdraw all my offers, I’ve place on this property. My apologizes,” he said which made Gianni look like a face, with his shark-ish looks it was able to pull it off “You all have a greater than for it, then I ever would,”

“Lillie… does that mean you’re leaving?” Francesca asked before she started coughing, Jocelyn having to teleport one of the nearby plant pots.

“No… I’d like to stay,” Lillie told the teenagers all of them wearing smiles on their faces “We’d both like to stay. If you don’t mind,”

Her answer was being hugged by seven teenagers, some of them pulling Ivan into the giant group hug.

“Are you sure?” Gianni asked “I know you liked the property…”

Before Gianni could say anything more, a knife landed next to his head. He looked to the sharp metal, only to have another one land on the other side of his head. Janelle and Owen just looked at the wall, then at the teenagers.

“London… why did you almost kill me?”

“I’m sick,” London answered coughing to prove her point “Can’t control my powers when I’m sick and you should be glad it wasn’t my mind control power,”

“Ava why didn’t you warn me?” he asked the long haired brunette. Usually London wouldn’t do it, Ava would warn him and Jocelyn would remove the threat.

“Hug,” Ava answered.

“Jocelyn why didn’t you teleport them?”

“I was looking out for floating cups,” Jocelyn told him a giant smile on her face. All three of them, just wanted their dad to accept what Owen told him, without questioning it and changing the man’s mind “You told me to look out for cups… not knives, so I have to look out for both?”

“That would be nice, Jocelyn, very nice,”