Chapter Five- The Sad Past and Truth

Lillie was sitting on the bench, while waiting for Gianni to tell her what was going on. Gianni however was trying to think of a place to start.

“My parents brought the Kaiser Manor when I was a child,” he thought that telling her a bit about himself, might be a good place to start “Children were scared of me, since they thought I was a shark in human skin, because of that, I spend most of my childhood and teens in this house,”

Lillie nodded at him, while thinking about what he said. She wasn’t going to tell anyone, but it was nice that he was telling her.

“When I turned eighteen my parents passed and they left me this manor,” Gianni told him, a smile on his face as he thought about his brother “One day I found a nine year old boy. He was cutting of his own hand, over and over, at first I worried, but that child was Steve and he was fine,”

“If by fine, you mean crazy, than yes. He is fine,” Lillie muttered rolling her eyes. Out of all them, only Steve seemed like he was a threat.

“I let him live with me, his parents didn’t want him. According to Steve his parents dumped him in an alley way and ran away. Not wanting to deal with the ‘freak’ any longer, but they lasted longer than the others parents, which was nine years,” Gianni told him. Steve was already swearing and giving death threats at that age “Sophie was the next one. She was five when she knocked on my door, she had lived two years on the streets and wanted to know if I had spare food or money. Like Steve I let her live here, I was surprised when things started burning. When I learned it was Sophie, I helped her have some control over it,”

“That explains the fire comment,”

“Ezekiel was the third one, he was three when I found him. He was in an alley way and when I looked at him, he turned into water. He asked me not to hurt him, I found out that his parents would hit him,” he hated the younger ones stories, it made him glad that his parents accepted him, even if they didn’t really allow him to leave the house “I found Arianna and Francesca together. They were four and they lived at the public garden. That garden became popular, but no one knew they were there. The girls were best friends and lived next door, both found their ‘abilities’ at the same time and their parents kicked them out at the same time,”

“Water and fire, must be handy to have,”

“Aron and Milo were playing in the back yard, at first I thought it was just two puppies. The four kids fell in love with them and four days later, Aron, figured out how to turn between his two forms. He was four and I couldn’t turn down his puppy dog eyes. His parents were like mine, never letting him leave the house, the difference was, they also forgot to feed the two. A week before they found my place, they were kicked out,” he remembered how dirty and thin the boy was, the number of bruises he was covered in “London was five when I found her. Her parents were going crazy and having a daughter that could read you mind, wasn’t helping. She was watching the clouds cover the moon… it was two in the morning, she was kicked out last year around the time I found Aron.”

Lillie felt bad for them, it seemed that Gianni was right. Steve was the most deadly, but he stayed with his parents the longest, thinking about how many kids they were. It seemed that he still had two more and she hoped, their parents gave them to him. She was hoping that they weren’t kicked out like the rest of them.

“Ava and Jocelyn are the only two who are related. They were also on the streets the longest, I found them when they were six, but their parents kicked them out when they were one,” out of all of them, Gianni felt that Ava and Jocelyn had it the hardest, if it wasn’t for their abilities they wouldn’t have last long “I was coming back from work, when I found a gang trying to beat up two thin children, Ava however is able to control the nerves and was able to knock them all out. When I asked them what happened, Jocelyn was the one who said I was safe, so they told me. Even now they’re the smallest out of everyone and they can barely put on weight,”

“So all of them have powers?” Lillie just wanted to know if that was the reason… the reason they’re parents kicked them out.

“It’s hard to believe, but Shae is known for being supernatural,”

“That would have been nice to know,”

“Sorry about that,” Gianni told her with a toothy grin “Each one of them… is harmless, they want to be like everyone else, in fact, they are but with something that makes them. Unique.”

“Harmless?”

“We’re not used to guest and they can only freely use their powers here,”

Lillie looked at him and then at his feet. The kids did seem harmless, in fact, she was only slightly scared of Steve. Even if they came to this house at different time, they seemed to have accepted it and worked with the others “Is Ivan okay?”

“Jocelyn will make sure he is,” Gianni told him “She might not accepted others easily, but she’ll make sure no one’s hurt,”

“Sounds like Ivan… expect he didn’t have a hard past,”

“I don’t know him, so I can’t say,” he told her pulling hand through his hair “About selling the place,”

“Really? You’re been against it for so long… what changed your mind?” Lillie didn’t know if this was a good thing, but they had a few months to work it out. She was sure her father had brought another manor on the opposite side of town.

“It’s getting hard,” Gianni told her “With ten of us here. There’s school and college to pay for, food to put on the table and so many hours in a day. If you want to look around and see what’s it worth, you can and we can talk,”

“I guess that’s fair,”

“Two days… that’s all it’ll take for you to change your mind,”