1

Y/N skipped through the isles, knowing exactly where they wanted to be, where to get everything. They knocked stuff into their cart, not missing or adding anything wrong to it. It was almost like they lived here. Heatwaves blasted from their headphones while they mouthed the words, not missing a beat. Out of nowhere, the music stopped right in the middle of the song.

"Disconnected." A robotic voice sounded in their ear. They sighed, "I knew I should have plugged it in," Y/N hissed, moving the headphones so that they were around their neck. They no longer moved around the store happily, but they drifted to the check-out with a melancholic look hanging on their face, pushing their cart just as slow. They stopped short, automatically checking the time on their apple watch. They brought their palm to their forehead, "I can't believe I'm this stupid!". They connected their headphones to their apple watch, starting Heatwaves once again.

They removed one side from their ear, placing it just behind the soft tissue. They began mouthing the words again as they ran her things through the self-checkout. Once it was all in bags, they loaded it back into their cart and started walking out. They acknowledged the black truck parked in the front of the parking lot but didn't recognize the face peeking out of the window, staring them down with a confused look.

They offered the stranger a small smile as they headed over to their own car, nodding their head to the chorus,

"Sometimes all I think about is you,"

They chuckled remembering that time that they posted a video with this song.

"Late nights in the middle of June,"

They summoned a whole fandom that they weren't even part of.

"Heatwaves been faking me out,"

As they put their groceries in their trunk they felt a tap on their shoulder.

"Can't make you happier now..."

They stopped their music and turned around to greet the stranger that interrupted their thoughts.

"Hey, um, I think I recognize you from somewhere, do we-"

"ARE YOU AN AMERICAN" A British boy interrupted him, less of a question than a statement.

"Well, first of all, no. Second of all, Excuse me?" I cocked my head, annoyance dripping off of my words at the sudden interruption.

The, obviously young, boy laughed heavily- his laughter almost sounded like a scream. It brought a small chuckle out of me while the other man there just looked embarrassed.

"Tommy!" Someone from behind them shouted, followed up by even more laughter from the kid who I now knew as Tommy.

"Well, Tommy, you don't have anything against Americans... do you?" I questioned.

"I hate Americans." He stated confidently.

"Well, I'll keep that in mind." I smiled.

The first boy cleared his throat, "Anyways, as I was saying. Have we met before?" He asked.

"I don't believe so... maybe you know me from my Minecraft series? I reckon you're just a fan." I laughed lightly.

"I mean- maybe, I... I don't know. I probably just saw one of your videos," He shook his head at himself, "Well, I should probably be off now."

"Woah woah woah, I don't even get to know the name of the person who just interrupted my music?"

"His name is Wilbur. Wilbur Soot."