♦️Prologue♦️

Her fiery fuchsia eyes gazed through the dense brush in front of her face. Cautiously observing her surroundings, and calculating her next attack with cold, merciless precision. Her lack of benevolence frightened those beyond any foreseeable fears they could comprehend.

She was ruthless, cunning, and above all, violent towards her adversaries. To many, she was a barbaric monster, to those who knew her well, she was just a young girl with a vision.

The kingdom of Rosemania was once a land of wonder and gave those who worked hard opportunities to live in contempt and comfort, and many deserving merchants and bakers flourished under the rule of their queen.

Often referred to as the 'Blue-Haired Angel', the queen was fair, just, and was the living personification of honesty and truth. Many kingdoms in the region began modeling their own in a similar fashion, as the kingdom of Rosemania once had the highest rate of satisfaction and happiness among its citizens.

However, after fifty prosperous years, the queen caught an unknown disease, and died six days later. The citizens of Rosemania were heartbroken, many of whom are still recovering today from the kingdom's loss.

Her nineteen year-old cousin took over the kingdom within a month of the queen's death. Originally, her brother was going to take over the throne, but after her burial ceremony, he was nowhere to be found.

The past decade has been some of the bloodiest and most violent brutal years in the kingdom's history. The citizens of Rosemania had high hopes of the queen's cousin gaining the throne, however, he turned out to be just the opposite of what they were expecting.

Corrupt, narcissistic, and had an insatiable craving for wealth, taxes skyrocketed and those who couldn't pay were sent to debtors prison to be maimed and tortured. Neighboring kingdoms cut all ties with Rosemania after catching wind of what happened.

A widespread ban of growing or possessing blue roses was punishable by death, as they were a symbol of their previous queen, which he had a mission to destroy all memories of her and her legacy.

But she couldn't forget. She refused to forget.

She could still feel her mother lift her up to the window of the carriage when the queen rode into town when she was just a child. The queen's warm, baby blue, compassionate eyes met her own gaze, with an unforgettable smile that was permanently etched into her memory.

She always had been skilled at perceiving one's character for as long as she could remember, and she knew that the queen of Rosemania was truly the kindest person she has ever known.

She snapped out of her reverie, she had to focus.

Clearing her mind of all thoughts and musings, she carefully listened to the environment around her. A bird mindlessly chirped and whistled into the canopy, as she heard the snapping of small, lifeless twigs not far away.

Peering out of the corner of her eye, she saw her right-hand man crouching behind a tall pine tree. He glanced back at her, untangling a piece of his champagne colored hair with shaded peach ends from a pine needle.

She rolled her eyes at the amount of effort he was putting into disentangling the pine needle, but she quickly shifted her focus back in front of her. The clip-clopping of horses prancing among the pathway was barely audible, but she could tell it was getting close.
~•~

Meanwhile...

A soft breeze caressed her cheek as she stared out the window of the horse-drawn carriage. The prancing horses trotted at an easy pace as her crème-colored hair blew gently across her face as she continued to listen to the conversation taking place just in the seat right across from her.