🔹Chapter 10🔹

One moment.

One moment changes everything.

She couldn't feel anything.

Time seemed to gradually slow to a halt as indescribable blurs surrounded her entire range of sight.

Slowly moving her eyes around, she contemplated whether or not this was reality, or was this all in her head, since it was completely possible that her life was merely flashing before her eyes.

She caught a glimpse of a castle guard dropping to the ground as another arrow pierced his chest.

Her arrows.

"Milly!"

Her eyes shot up and glanced over at the figure standing above her.

"Come with me, now!" His usually warm, hazel brown eyes were stricken with fear and desperation.

Despite being discombobulated, she gripped his hand and stumbled upwards and just began running. She felt no sense of direction, she was just running, gripping Elliot's hand for dear life.

"Are you alright?!" he frantically asked, still sprinting as fast as they could.

"How did you get here?! How did you do this by yourself?! How the heck did you get my bow and arrows?!" Milly spat in confusion, ignoring the question.

"Look Milly," Elliot continued. "We'll talk later, just keep running!"

The fuchsia-haired girl nodded and quickened her pace. She glanced slightly behind her, wondering why they haven't been killed, and was surprised by what caught her eye.

The Rosemanian townspeople were finally fighting back, blocking pathways and letting them escape. A few people sadly fell lifeless to the ground, but the majority of them were still fighting back and disarming a lot of the guards. A few got by their defenses, but she smiled slightly at the sight as she kept running.

Before she knew it, dark shadows began hiding them from their pursuers, the rows and rows of pine trees, so similar they seemed identical, began camouflaging them into the forest.

"Where are we going?" Milly huffed after a minute.

"Well, not back to our base, since they already found it," Elliot panted in reply.

"Wait!"

She stopped dead in her tracks, suddenly yanking on his arm.

"What about the others?" she frantically said. "They're all in prison still, we need to break them out-

"Daisy and Sean are taking care of that, don't worry, they'll be okay," he assured in response. "We're all going to rendezvous at Rosemeadow stream twenty miles east from here, we planned this late last night."

A soft morning breeze tickled her skin, as Milly breathed a slight sigh of relief, alleviating a bit of the tension that was building up in her system.

"You sure about this?" she queried. "Because, I'm not so sure about anything anymore."

"Believe me Milly, we'll be fine, but we better get moving again soon."

She nodded slightly as a small tear slowly slid down her cheek.

"I honestly thought I was going to die," she whispered with a grimace.

In response, she felt a strong pair of arms pull her into a warm embrace, as a comforting murmur filled her ears.

"You think I was going to let that happen?"