15: drunken kisses

A/N: the banner pic isn't a perfect representation of them but it's adorable. Also, I will be doing the character interview chapter soon so there is still time for you to go back to chapter 11 and comment the questions. 😊
Now, here is the new much awaited chapter from Mitch's POV.
---

Mitch

I was washing the dishes after dinner when Axel called me. My mum was on a night shift at the hospital where she was a nurse, and since my father had passed away, it had fallen on me to look after my little sisters. Ruby was fifteen now and could look after herself, but Sarah was only five. I know there is a big age gap between Sarah and I, but that was because she was an unexpected surprise from my parent's enthusiastic farewell the last time my dad left on tour. He never came back. He was a marine. They sent back a medal, and some monthly compensation. But Sarah never got to meet her father, and my mum had to take more and more shifts at the hospital to cover the costs of raising three kids as a single mum.

It was only because Ruby was old enough to care for Sarah now that I dared leave them alone. When Axel called me out of the blue and told me I had to go pick up Zedd from a gay nightclub, I was more than a little confused and thought he was pranking me. Then he explained that his older brother Drew was at the club with his boyfriend Harry, who was bartending that night, and he had recognised Zedd, who was apparently thoroughly drunk.

Why he was drunk, why he was at a gay nightclub, I had no fucking clue. But if Drew thought it was urgent enough to call Axel, who called me because I was closer to Zedd (recently not but at least I was somewhat on speaking terms), then I would go check on him. Because I was worried, because I cared, and because I really fucking wanted to know what the hell he was doing in a gay nightclub.

What Axel had failed to mention (or maybe Drew), was that Zedd wasn't dressed normally. And he had glitter on his face. And he seemed to be enjoying himself immensely with a guy. I barely recognised him when I came in. He was dancing with another guy! A guy with green hair. His own hair was all gelled up into spikes and streaks of glitter marked his cheekbones and around his eyes. He was hot, as usual, and it made my heart flutter. But then the green-haired dude began kissing him, and Zedd didn't push him away. It felt like he had punched me in the stomach. I thought seeing Zedd with Lucie hurt. But this pain was ten times worse. I felt like I was dying. It was one thing that I couldn't have Zedd cos I was a boy. But it was an entirely different thing if he chose another boy instead of me.

Before I could control myself I was striding over and interrupting them. I called Zedd my boyfriend by pure slip of the tongue but it felt so natural. I don't know why he even bothered pretending he didn't know me because I saw the look of shock and horror cross his face when he saw me, however much it hurt that he didn't want me there. I hated the way he smiled at the other guy. And I nearly spewed when he pulled him back and kissed him. Then I dragged him outside and here we were. And he'd just avoided my questions and struck my silent by telling me that I was hot.

"Um," I watched in a dazed sort of way as Zedd swayed in front of me with a giddy smile on his face, "How many drinks did you have?"

"Can't remember," Zedd muttered and stepped closer to me, "has anyone ever told you that your eyes are the colour of caramel?" he tilted his head to the side.

"Zedd," I sighed, trying to think rationally past my jumping heart, "What were you doing here?"

"Figuring out something," he replied.

"What?" I asked, half hoping that he was talking about his sexuality.

"If I actually wanted to do this," Zedd smirked slightly before crossing the small distance between us and covering my mouth with his.

I froze, shocked that my dreams were coming true, that Zedd's lips were softly and willingly moving against my own and tingles were running up and down my spine. His hands gripped my hips and he pushed his body hard against mine. He thought he was in control? Boy he was wrong. I was a top.

I spun us around and walked Zedd backward until his back was pinned against the wall of the nightclub. I shuddered slightly at the feeling of his body pressed against mine before grabbing his hands and pinning them above his head.

"I'm the boss here Zedd, never forget that," I parted my lips from his to whisper in his ear, my voice husky.

Zedd let out a groan that made my stomach flip and I gritted my teeth in an attempt to quell the wave of desire that hit me when he bucked his groin up against mine. I never wanted to forget this moment. I wished it could never end.

"Mitch," he pleaded and I was just about to snog the living daylights out of him when the smell of alcohol on his breath brought me to a stop.

I couldn't do this. I couldn't take advantage of him like this. He was willing, yes, but he was also drunk. I wanted him, but all of him, not because he was using alcohol as an excuse to be with me.

"Come on Zedd, we need to go," I sighed and moved away from him reluctantly.

"Where are we going?" Zedd whined, cheeks flushed.

"I took the last bus to come fetch you so I'll need your motorbike to go home. My mum expects me to be looking after Ruby and Sarah tonight, and I don't think your parents would be very happy with the state you are in right now, so you're coming home with me," I explained as I walked him over to his motorcycle.

He grumbled and whined but in the end, agreed. I was glad I knew how to ride the bike even though I didn't have one of my own. I forced the helmet onto Zedd although he complained that I was ruining his hair. Then we drove out of the parking lot, with Zedd sitting behind me, arms wrapped around my waist, his breath hot on the back of my neck, my mind buzzing with inexplainable feelings. I didn't know how long I would be able to control myself around a drunk and horny Zedd.

-
A/N: well, did you enjoy hearing from Mitch? The next chapter is also from his POV (since Zedd is a little too intoxicated to tell his story right now haha) so don't worry, we'll get more of his thoughts.

Anyways, thoughts on this chapter? How long do you think Mitch will be able to resist Zedd? 😏😉

Also, here is Ruby, Mitch's little sister, as she plays a part in the next chapter:

Remember to vote & comment 💞