A New Job

"If we're gonna have any chance of surviving this outbreak, we're gonna have to find a way to make some money" said Calvin.

"There's no reason you can't" said Jeff.

"That's easy for you to say. You Wiggles made a fortune with your movie"  Sam said.

"And yet, you still barbecue roadkill because Wags eats your meat" said Calvin.

"Hey, I used to hear talk that road kill is good eats. My Grandpa Bernie once said to me and Meg nothing tenderizes beef like a big rig playing Elvis on the radio" said Charles Wallace.

"Uh-huh..." said Calvin.

"Well, Meg can't be the only one of you kids with a job. If you wanna make money, you three should help out" said Murray.

"How? I'm too young to have a job and Calvin still hasn't passed his final exams. Meg was just smart enough to pass hers early" said Charles Wallace.

"Hey, Sam. You're liable to have a job. You and your brother once worked on Broadway right?" said Murray.

"Yeah. But only so we could save the Beatles' popularity" Sam said.

"But this time we're saving their health. Maybe you could get yourself a steady job" said Calvin.

"Maybe I could. But what could I do?" Sam said.

"I know just the thing. The police department in North Carolina has the least amount of officers I've ever seen" said Charles Wallace.

"Good thinking, bud. Sam could ask the Sheriff if she could be any help" said Calvin.

"Great. Best part: I'll be away from the outbreak" Sam said.

"Brilliant. Go on, Sam. It's now or never" Greg encouraged.

Sam took that advice and flew all the way to Mayberry, North Carolina to find a job.

And then...

"Murray? You alright?" said Greg.

"I'm fine." was all Murray answered with.

"That's your best response when you're sick. What symptoms are you experiencing?" said Jeff.

"The same ones as when I was ill on Rainbow Day" said Murray.

"This is a fine time for Sam to be applying to be an officer" said Calvin.

Well, at least Sam's making progress.

But is Murray okay?

Let's find out in the next chapter, shall we?

Peace and love,

Sammy