Getting Worse

"I tell you. This is gonna be really hard without Sam" said Calvin.

"Yeah. Paul's pretty much recovered but Murray is still looking out of it" said Charles. 

"I seriously hope he'll be okay with Sam at her job" said Calvin.

"He'll be fine, boys. You get to school" said George.

"Meg, will I be alright? I think I'm getting worse" said Murray.

"You'll be fine. Sam called me and gave me her office number. The sheriff will know just where she is if you need her" Meg said.

"Okay" Murray panted. 

At her job, Meg's bosses called her into a meeting.

"Meg, it is as we fear. England is not safe" said Mrs Which.

"You may have to move your friends to America where it's safe" said Mrs Whatsit.

"That's done. Sam has a job in N.C" Meg said.

"She cannot be the only one. You and your brother and Calvin and the Beatles must go too" said Mrs Which.

"The Wiggles too?" Meg said.

"Yes. We heard about Murray" said Mrs Whatsit.

"Okay. I'll tell the guys as soon as they get home from school" Meg said.

In Mayberry, Sam was visiting Bert's new stand.

"Hey, Bert" she said.

"Oh, hi, Sam" said Bert.

"I was just wondering. Do you still have that medicine you gave me the other day?" Sam said.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because my friend called me. My man has the flu too. Maybe worse. So I need some more meds for him" Sam said.

"You sure you must do this now? As I told you last time, I don't wanna be too pushy" said Bert.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Yes? If there's anything I hate it's a pushy salesman. You absolutely MUST buy more medicine for your man?" said Bert.

"Bert, my man is Murray Wiggle. I have to use that medicine on him" Sam said.

"Well, alright. I'll give you this pack of tablets. It's just as cheap as the other one" said Bert as Sam paid.

"Thanks. Cheap is good but will it work?" Sam said.

"I should say so. Now you give old Murray my best" said Bert.

"I promise" Sam said.

"And all you can do is hope that he's well enough in time for the dance next week" said Bert.

"There's a dance?" Sam said.

"Yes. Andy and Barney always go so maybe you should too. It could make you feel less stressed about the outbreak" said Bert.

"I'll think about it" Sam said.

Back at the office...

"Hi, Barney" Sam said.

"Howdy, Sam. Did you hear about the dance next Tuesday?" said Barney.

"I did. I also heard Andy was stood up for a date. You think he'll be going?" Sam said.

"Probably. If he can catch a woman in time" said Barney.

"Hmm. Are you going?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. I always go with my girl Thelma Lou" said Barney.

"Good for you. If Murray didn't have the flu right now, I'd ask him to the dance" Sam said.

Looks like the outbreak is worse than we thought.

Will Murray ever get better? 

Especially now since there's a dance coming up and he'd want to go with Sam.

Peace and love,

Sammy