Hired

Sam waited in the office then two other men walked in.

"Gomer, who's your friend?" said one of them.

"Andy, Barney, this is Sam Pan. She wants to be an officer right here in Mayberry" said Gomer.

"Golly! A new officer. Just what this office needs. Sheriff Andy Taylor, Miss Pan. Good to meet ya" said the other man.

"Hi" Sam said.

"Howdy, Sam. I'm Barney Fife." said the first man.

"Good to meet you" Sam said.

"Now, honey. You're a youngster. You really think you can be an officer?" said Andy.

"I'm Peter Pan's sister, sheriff. I've fought evil and all that crazy stuff. Being a police officer is really a no brain-o" Sam said.

"And she wants be one for a good cause" said Gomer.

"And what would that be?" said Barney.

"She lives with the Beatles and one of them's about to die of the flu. She wants to make money to save him. Right, Sam?" said Gomer.

"That's correct" Sam said.

"Well. You know, kid, I made a fortune trusting female officers in need. That and being one of the best sheriffs there is." said Andy.

"Yeah? Is your wife an officer too?" Sam said.

"My wife passed away a long time ago" Andy answered.

"Oh" was all Sam responded with.

"Our only question is can you do things quickly and sharply?" said Barney.

"She just helped me write sixty-five tickets in two minutes" said Gomer.

"In that case... Miss Sam Pan, you're hired" said Andy shaking Sam's hand.

"Thank you so much!" Sam squealed.

Back in the Cavern...

"Is Paul getting any better?" said Greg.

"He's the same, mates" said John.

"I wish Meg was here. She'd know what to do" said Charles Wallace.

"On the bright side, Sam's telegram said she got the job in Mayberry" said Calvin.

"That's great. I wish she were here too though." said Anthony.

"Yeah. Murray seems like he's about to be as sick as Paul" said Jeff.

"We can't call Sam out on her first day. Let's give her time" said Calvin.

"Good idea. We'll play it by ear" said George.

Sam has the job but things seem to be getting worse.

What's coming up? What could it be?

One more click and we will see!

Peace and love,

Sammy