Chapter 3

Maggie's Point Of View

I yawned theatrically and crossed the room to where my sisters were sitting and standing at. "When Aro wants someone form a coven, it's never that long until evidence turns up proving that that coven had committed some crime," Eleazer explained the ways of the Volturi, frowning and crossing his arms across his chest. "So he's done this before," Bella concluded, nodding her head. "It happened so rarely that I never realized it was a pattern," the former Volturi member realized with dismay. "Aro always pardons one person's thoughts whos he claims was unwillingly involved with the crime," Carlisle added, remembering his time he spent with the Volturi. "This person always has an ability. And always given a place with the Volturi," Eleazer confirmed. "This is all about Alice. He has no one like her," Edward recognized sadly. The reason Alice disappeared. "Which was why she left," Bella echoed my thoughts. "Why does he need any witnesses?" Emmett asked as he crossed his steel-like arms across his chest. "To spread the word that justice has been severed," Alistair said, walking towards the door but not going out. Just walking halfway there, "After he slaughters the entire coven," he emphasized. "Benjamin, Tia, We're leaving," Amun worriedly said. He didn't care about us; he was troubled about the fact that with the possibility of losing Benjamin and his gift. "And where will you go? What makes you think we satisfy without Alice? What's the stop of going after Benjamin next? What about Zafrina, or Kate, or Maggie, or anyone with a gift? Anyone, they want? Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. Carlisle might no ask you to fight but I will. For the sake of my family but also for yours. And for the way you want to live," Edward said angrily, barely moving his lips. Tanya glanced at me at my name and we glimpsed at Kate when Edward mentioned her. "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires," Jacob said, speaking for his pack and standing up. I stood up and my sisters copied my act. "We will fight," I declared. "This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule," Garrett said, lazily swinging his arms around as he stood next to Kate. I just had to look it away. This is was beyond gross. "We'll join you," Benjamin added cooly, standing up. "No," Amun protested loudly. Again, more proof he didn't care about anyone, she just wanted the gift that Benjamin had. "I will do the right thing Amun. You may do as you please," Benjamin shrugged. It sounded as if he'd chosen his words with superb care. "We will stand for you," Senna divulged. The Irish stood up, "So will we," Siobhan announced. Charlotte nodded her answer for Peter and herself. "That didn't take much..." Vladimir muttered to Stefan. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward smiled, slightly smug. "We'll see," Alistair said, raising his eyebrow and leaning at Carlisle before strolling out of the room.