|23| Detective Kim's a little too chatty

Chapter 23: Detective Kim's a little too chatty

____________________________________________

Taehyung squint his eyes open, scrunching his nose as he did.

The sunlight smacked him right on his face, making him squirm uncomfortably.The male let out a groan, tossing around his bed while his hands searched for his phone.

He let out another groan, realizing he had slept past his alarm.

No workout today I guess, he thought to himself, pressing his chapped lips together.

He had stayed up late, fixing the study so it could accommodate well for the new tenant- who never moved a finger to help him...

Taehyung let out a scoff.

He wasn't really a fan of Jimin's unapproachable personality- sure... Taehyung was well aware he himself had an unapproachable personality too- but atleast he wasn't a dickhead.

Rubbing his eyes, Taehyung crawled out of his sheets, making an absurdly failed attempt of making his bed before stepping into the bathroom.

He stepped out of his room, clad in a pair of basketball shorts and a simple white Singlet, with his bare arms on display. His hair, still pretty much ruffled and his face weary, clearly tired as he shuffled to the kitchen.

Taehyung poured himself a cup of water, leaning on the counter with his arm balancing his weight.

He picked up the cup to sip on it slowly, but just as his eyes fell on the looming figure in the living room, his nerves jolted, making him splatter water almost everywhere, including on himself.

Coughing violently, Taehyung looked up- snarling at the uninvited guest.

"What the fuck?! How the hell did you get in here?!!" Taehyung spit out angrily, his heartbeat receding to it's normal pace.

"Ah- Goodmorning to you too Detective Kim" Jungkook gleamed with a bright smile.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung scowled, wiping off the spilt water with a cloth.

"Me? Well... I was a little bored so I thought I could pay you a visit" Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly.

"Its 7.30am... did you hit your head somewhere?" Taehyung frowned, knowing Jungkook's history of late entries.

"I'm perfectly fine why thankyou" Jungkook chuckled walking towards the kitchen.

"How did you get in?" The Detective asked crossing his arms.

"Uh- well you allowed me in back then, didn't you?" The raventte replied, cocking his head to the side.

Taehyung pursed his lips and eyes narrowing by a bit with disbelief.

"So you broke into a police officer's house?" Taehyung deadpanned.

"Well it does sound horrible when you put it like that... besides, you cant blame me for walking in uninvited when you hold the crown for that Detective Kim..." Jungkook counter-attacked cockily, a smirk on his lips knowing he scored for that as he drove his hand into the inner pocket of his coat.

Taehyung scoffed, clicking his tongue distastefully knowing he couldnt say anything further.

Shaking his head, Taehyung let out a sigh, to wash his cup but his movements were cut off when Jungkook lightly grabbed him by the arm.