|3| Delusional Theatrical Playboy

Chapter 3: Delusional theatrical Playboy

____________________________________________

Taehyung had a bad feeling about this- not the 'I might die' kinda bad feeling... but he could sense a potential truck of embarrassment and assholery heading his way.

He exhaled, shutting his eyes closed.

Think about LeeHi.

Right. LeeHi's whereabouts was the most important at the moment.

He glanced at the picture down on his lap.

Chae HyungWon...

He looked so young... innocent- but the male was anything but that.

The forensics team found traces of LeeHi from one of those Toyota Corollas that HyungWon had rented on Friday and it was more than enough of an evidence to arrest the male.

It was funny really- how it all seemed. The innocent faces and angelic gestures- none of these can ever claim to be who they truly are in reality.

If one thing, Taehyung knew about the world, working as a Police officer over the last 7 years was that- the world was indeed a shitty place.

There wasn't a 'you and me' and winter snow frolicking.

There was just either 'you and yourself' or 'me and myself'.

Nobody lived for somebody else but for themselves. They're birthed into this world alone and they sure as well, die alone, making no difference in the end.

Taehyung had seen more than enough trauma from those deceased victims and from those who are still alive- to lead to his conclusion that in the end, it's all about you and how you survive, not live- but survive in this world.

Not much of a great character development over the years, but it's easy enough to say.... Taehyung wasn't a happy camper.

He never was.

Taehyung pulled over his car in the lot.

His hand palmed at the cold surface of his gun, sitting snugly in his holster.

He exhaled, mentally praying he wouldn't have to use it- definitely not on a 20 year old kid.

Taehyung hopped out of his car and shut it close as he pulled his jacket closer to shield him from the cool air.

He gazed at the tall building, Allison Gardens.

Taehyung spotted the spotlights directed to the sky move around, like the ones in a concert and he could already guess, it should be one of those fancy rooftop frat boy parties.

Taehyung stepped into the building, demanding the receptionist to let him talk with the manager- which the lady did with a hurried pace.

"Ah hello, Mr. Jung. Detective Kim" Taehyung introduced himself and the older Male, who almost seemed to be in his 50s returned the gesture.

Letting in on, few details and leaving out the important bits that an outsider wouldn't have to know, Taehyung quickly explained his visit to the Manager of the Hotel.

Cooperating completely with the investigation, the security let Taehyung know, that HyungWon was currently assigned to the Congratulatory Party on rooftop and most likely would be there at the moment.

Wasting no seconds Taehyung got into the elevator along with the manager, who decided it'd be best that way.

Taehyung's primary goal was to retrieve HyungWon safely- but then again, the safety of the rest of the people at the party was his prime priority as well.