4.

This review is based on Furashu 's romance novel named "Toxic".

I'm proud to say that this review was mainly based on my good friend Naaleys 's opinions!

Cover:

The cover definitely matches the book. It not only compliments the fact that it's a romance novel but highlights the twisted from of love involved through the dark coloured theme.

This makes it altogether appropriate for the title and the novel's concept as well.

Blurb:

The dialogue the blurb begins with is confusing but that ends up being a good thing because it makes one want to find out who these characters are, what exactly the problem is and what would prompt such a conversation between them.

The narrative that follows justifies the concept and the title once again through the revelation of the main character, Skylar, and her situation and yet again makes one curious as to how she'll handle the problem.

Plot:

The dialogue in the prologue not only gets rid of the confusion with the one in the blurb but sheds light on the story's theme. The chapters that follow go on to reveal more of the main character, her personality and her relationships, which end up introducing her best friend, Sven, Dwayne and other characters.

We see the wrong form of love the book is to be based on. We do think, however, that maybe some attention should be given to Erna (main character's best friend) and Koda. This will not only thicken the plot because of how complicated yet typical their relationship seems, but will also create the contrast between the intensively toxic love and the relatively average problems which are in normal relationships. Emphasis on relatively.

Grammar:

There aren't many typographical errors and the grammatical ones can easily be corrected if you are thorough.

What I've realised with romance is that one has to find ways to stray from the typical descriptions of romantic scenes to avoid clichés. Maybe you could try using simple synonyms of overused words to break any monotony as the story progresses.

Characters:

Maybe most people may criticise Skylar for how she's allowing herself to be controlled but we simply see it as her being human. Her flaws make her realistic. We only hope that like most people, she eventually realises her mistakes and seeks the right path.

It's solely up to you to decide but we think the book could be improved if the reader could have the male's point of view as well, even if it is occasionally.

This will help the reader get a glimpse of the story of Sven's life, the reasons for his nature, so one wouldn't be quick to judge, and develop the right feelings, whether good or bad, towards him.

Generally:

The good news is that all you have to do for your book to take off is to get rid of the petty problems which are limiting it's immense promise!

Thanks so much for requesting!

Please do check out "Toxic", a romance novel by Furashu !

Have a wonderful day and I'm going to work on the other requests as soon as I can! Thank you for your support 😊.